Marvel Cinematic Universe, Phase Three and BEYOOOOONND

Bazza

I liked Cap 1. The first half I agree was awesome. But the back half, while fun, felt to me like they were rushing through a lot of really good stuff so they could get him into the modern world as fast as possible. I wouldn't say blah, I just think it could've been a stronger movie if they'd been a bit less worried about setting up the Avengers and a little more focused on "living in the moment."

But again, even at its worst it's still lightyears ahead of anything DC/WB has done since Dark Knight.

Ah, but in the second part we learn that Tommy Lee Jones will NOT be kissing Chris Evans....

Which was a crucial plot point!

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, Captain America I was rushed.  I would have liked to have it been just in WW2, with Bucky surviving and no end with him crashing.  The Avengers scene of him being discovered would have been a cool mystery -- how did he end up there?  What was that big ship thing?  Then the second movie could be even more WW2, Bucky dying in a significantly more heroic manner than falling off a train (in the comics at least he was saving the nation from a rocket) and end with the crash.  That way it would feel like Cap had more of a presence in WW2 and more reason to be revered and beloved, and it wouldn't have felt as rushed.  I mean, the rest of the movies they were willing to pace things more: a few movies introing people, and in a couple of years we put them together in a film!  This one it was getthemovieoutCapinthepresentnowHydrasoShieldcanfightthemgogogogogo

I liked The Incredible Hulk quite a bit. I don't know why people are so blah about it. It was a great spin on The Fugitive. Ed Norton was a lot like the Ultimates version of Banner, and we know that the MCU borrows heavily from the Ultimates continuity, so I saw a lot of good parallels there. Don't get me wrong, I think Ruffalo does a bang up job as Banner, but I would also have been perfectly fine with Norton continuing to play Banner in the MCU.

I also loved Cap: First Avenger. I also understand it was just an origin story movie, and it did that admirably. The ultimate goal was to get him into the modern world in preparation for the Avengers, and I don't have a problem with that agenda. IMO, it did not interfere with the telling of his origin story one bit. I didn't get the sense of rushed pacing that everyone is referring to. Not sure why, but I just didn't.

As I always say, what any one person likes about a particular movie, and what's technically well done about a movie, are different categories. A movie can be well executed, but two people can have entirely different "like" responses to it, based on their personal tastes. Which is perfectly valid and fair; but too many people treat their subjective response to a film as an objective evaluation of its quality.

As I always say, what any one person likes about a particular movie, and what's technically well done about a movie, are different categories. A movie can be well executed, but two people can have entirely different "like" responses to it, based on their personal tastes. Which is perfectly valid and fair; but too many people treat their subjective response to a film as an objective evaluation of its quality.

This is true. I've seen some movies where I was like "So not my bag..." or even "I hated that" Even though I recognized it was technically brilliant.

Dave Bautista thinks that Marvel may buy the rights to SPIDER-MAN

Listen here: https://podcastone.com/episode/DaveBautistaReturns

News story #1:

http://www.screengeek.net/2017/05/06/could-marvel-be-set-to-buy-spider-man/

News story #2:

Comment: I don't think Dave is knowledgable about any of these plans. But okay. 

INFINITY WAR: New Set Photo Hints At The Death of THE AVENGERS

http://www.screengeek.net/2017/05/07/infinity-war-set-photo-death-of-avengers/

INFINITY WAR SET PIC HINTS AT DEATH OF AVENGERS

http://www.cosmicbooknews.com/infinity-war-set-pic-hints-death-avengers

MCU News & Tweets: A prop on the set of #AvengersInfinityWar hints at a very interesting connection to AGE OF ULTRON!

C_FbPX3VYAAbFgj.jpg