Marvel Cinematic Universe, Phase Three and BEYOOOOONND

Bazza

And Hey, I'm Back in Black !  Hit the Sack.....  (Or whatever it is.) .  

Is Anyone Alive Out there ????  

Did You Miss Me ?  Did You Miss Me ?  Did You Miss Me ?  

Did You Miss Me Yet ?  ( Quoting Jim Moriarity) 

If Staff Sees This, Who is Dan Simon's New Get Fresh Crew ?  Sound off, Now, Please, if Convenient.

If Not Convenient, Sound off anyway.   

Is There Anybody Else Out There , Come On ???? 

Edited by SatinKitty
To Make a BIG Noisy Fuss

• Replies 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

29 minutes ago, SatinKitty said:

And Hey, I'm Back in Black !  Hit the Sack.....  (Or whatever it is.) .  

Is Anyone Alive Out there ????  

Did You Miss Me ?  Did You Miss Me ?  Did You Miss Me ?  

Did You Miss Me Yet ?  ( Quoting Jim Moriarity) 

If Staff Sees This, Who is Dan Simon's New Get Fresh Crew ?  Sound off, Now, Please, if Convenient.

If Not Convenient, Sound off anyway.   

Is There Anybody Else Out There , Come On ???? 

Still a moderator, mostly I approve stuff for new guys until they get their mandatory post count up and sometimes ask folks to mellow it out a little. 

Yes, we missed you! :)

37 minutes ago, SatinKitty said:

Hey Guys, Remember, the Luke Cage show Crashed NETFLIX !! 

So everyone knows You don't give no Lip to Luke Cage.

Yeah, I didn't care for some of the pacing, and my usual gripe about the lighting came up more than once (Honestly, there are some moments in Daredevil and the other Netflix shows so lacking in illumination I might as well be listening to the radio) , but the actor playing him is dead on.

Well.  A Show called "Supernatural" is Real Cool as I know Every. Single. Seventies.  Media. Reference. All the Others also.  

Trek.  Stephen King.  Kansas.  (The Band) . "Sam and Dean"  mean Jan and Dean.  ( Real Cool Fifties Duo ! ) .  

Teaser:  Listen For Everyone's Fave Quote from "The Princess Bride".  It's a Long Wait.  Look for Demon Dean.  

It's a  D&D on Alternate Earth Show, Live.  Need Light ?  Give it a  MISS !  BIG TIME  !! 

9 hours ago, Bazza said:

The Problem With The X-Men Movie Rights Coming Back To Marvel

I think the so-called "problems" with bringing mutants into the MCU are nonsense issues raised by journalists who have to fill their word quota for the day and have nothing of substance to talk about. They seem to forget that characters as different in tone from the Avengers as Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, and the Punisher all co-exist quite comfortably in the MCU. The X-Men live in the same comic book continuity as the Avengers and Spider-Man; there is no reason whatsoever they can't live in the same cinematic universe as those characters as well.

Its cheaper to film stuff really dark, that way you don't have to worry about costuming and the martial arts can be a little sloppy since you can barely see what is going on.  It covers up errors and such very well.  Plus you can reuse locations a lot, since people can barely see what is going on anyway.  I don't care for it myself unless a scene really calls for it.

9 hours ago, Starlord said:

You lost me at Fox's X-Men movies have become consistently better since its soft reboot with First Class :)

The Wolverine and Apocalypse were...not good...at all.

Agreed. First Class and Days Of Future Passed were pretty good tho, and Logan and Deadpool were both amazing; throw in shows like The Gifted, Legion and they've definitely had more hits than misses. But I think the author was mainly talking about Fox's newfound penchant for variety over formula; again, Logan, Deadpool, Legion, and now New Mutants were all pretty bold breaks from the superhero norm.

I also liked the author's point that Marvel was forced to be clever about how they built their early movies, because they had licensed off all their best-known characters.

9 hours ago, Starlord said:

I've already seen them done, I'd prefer Marvel maintain their next phase concentrating on the newer, less-known characters they have planned.

I agree with you there.

Its part of the character arc, his redemption moment.  For Downey its about the part and the story of his character, not playing Tony Stark.  He loves the misery that Tony goes through and its a perfect chance to show Iron Man finally learns to be a hero instead of a self centered egotist trying to control the world.

I'm going to call this now, just based on the trailer, 'cause I also have a Stark-sized ego. :D But if I'm right I guess this would count as a spoiler, so

I'm betting Pepper Potts puts on the Iron Man armor to save Tony, and is the one we see Thanos pounding into the ground. I also believe that's whose hand a grieving-looking Tony is shown holding at the start of the trailer, because Thanos kills her. If true, that could be a moment RDJ might enjoy playing.