Marvel Cinematic Universe, Phase Three and BEYOOOOONND

Bazza

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very disappointed by the predicted Netflix cancellations. Daredevil is in my opinion one of the best Marvel productions, including the movies. And their Wilson Fisk is the only Marvel villain I find in anyway scary. Easily the best realised villain of the whole MU.

Regardless of the various artistic merits of the Netflix ventures I also think it is a bad business decision. I don't see good things in the future for Hulu. 

It's probably the death of any decent adult Marvel content too :(

Just now, Lord Liaden said:

That is what the past ten years has built up. Public confidence that whatever Marvel Studios puts out, it will at the least be worth seeing.

YUP. And while I actually LIKED some of the DC Universe superhero movies, WB kept trying to get a short cut to the same result. Marvel Studios deserves a lot of props for seeing an opportunity rise, and then when they saw a long game could be played, for having a lot of patience to make it happen, with calibrations along the way. They also showed a love of the material, and a confidence in it.

3 hours ago, Jagged said:

I also think it is a bad business decision.

The Marvel Netflix shows are casualties of the digital streaming war between Netflix and Disney. Disney is pulling all their content from, well, everywhere, and putting it exclusively on Disney Plus. Netflix has decided that the only reasonable response is to cancel every show that would cost them a fortune (and their souls) to renew, and they have no interest in doing anything that helps Disney make money. I'm not sure I really blame Netflix, at least from a purely business perspective. However, as a fan of (some of) their Marvel shows, I am just as disappointed as you are.

2 hours ago, Hermit said:

YUP. And while I actually LIKED some of the DC Universe superhero movies, WB kept trying to get a short cut to the same result. Marvel Studios deserves a lot of props for seeing an opportunity rise, and then when they saw a long game could be played, for having a lot of patience to make it happen, with calibrations along the way. They also showed a love of the material, and a confidence in it.

The success of the MCU is the result of a nigh-impossible combination of rights ownership, studio non-interference, brilliant writing, excellent casting, dark costumes, and flawless production.  It's a cosmic alignment of stars that we are unlikely to see again in our lifetimes.  Enjoy it while it lasts.