Marvel Cinematic Universe, Phase Three and BEYOOOOONND

Bazza

LL, they are still shared continuities (if you watch AoS, you know why that helicarrier was available in Age of Ultron, for example).  That still does not preclude having the Darkhold show up in the movies, though, without any need to reference its past appearances in AoS (or with a quick tip of the hat, much as the Sokovia accords are mentioned in AoS without getting into the details of Civil War).  The intent has always, as I recall, been a shared universe that does not require the viewer to watch every story in that shared universe.

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Lord Liaden said:

I never said it was precluded, I only meant that introducing the Darkhold to the movie side of the setting would probably require some background buildup to illustrate it's a big deal.

Agreed. However, I am confident that Feige sees the Darkhold as "been there, done that" territory, and won't bother with it in the movies.

2 hours ago, zslane said:

Agreed. However, I am confident that Feige sees the Darkhold as "been there, done that" territory, and won't bother with it in the movies.

2 hours ago, archer said:

I'd much rather have the Serpent Crown introduced into the MCU than have the Darkhold come to the big screen.

I didn't intend to bring up the Serpent Crown, but now that it's out... hell yeah. Just as good as the Darkhold in most ways, and better for supervillain imagery -- easier to wear a crown than a book.

Aunt May (in her heroic identity of Golden Oldie) provides Galactus with a moon-sized Hostess Fruit Pie (whipped up by Franklin Richards) that satisfies the World-Eater's hunger. He gives up eating planets altogether in favor that flaky pastry and delicious fruit filling! 

The Universe is saved by Franklin, Aunt May, and Hostess Fruit Pies!