Marvel Cinematic Universe, Phase Three and BEYOOOOONND

Bazza

3 hours ago, pinecone said:

Her marrage was a deep cover opp, that turned to true love!....OK I'll stop...for now....

Uncle Ben? CIA, he worked to improve the USA's interests because"Te USA is the most powerful nation on the earth, and with great power, comes.....?

Great disinformation? Great propaganda? Great blame it on a rogue state? ;) 

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, Bazza said:

Netflix's cancelled Marvel's shows could be revived says Disney exec.

http://thr.cm/P2UuKv (THR)

"Having a better relationship with our consumer puts us in control of our own destiny."

- cancelling your deal with Netflix so you can pimp your own streaming business is not how you build a better relationship with your customers. 

I feel pretty confident that Disney won't bring back any of the Netflix shows, with the very distantly possible exception of Daredevil. Mayer's extremely non-committal statement is just a deft way to (barely) answer the question while quietly sweeping the whole subject under the rug without too obviously deflecting it.

5 minutes ago, zslane said:

I feel pretty confident that Disney won't bring back any of the Netflix shows, with the very distantly possible exception of Daredevil. Mayer's extremely non-committal statement is just a deft way to (barely) answer the question while quietly sweeping the whole subject under the rug without too obviously deflecting it.

Totally agree. 

On 12/18/2018 at 7:11 PM, Bazza said:

Netflix's cancelled Marvel's shows could be revived says Disney exec.

http://thr.cm/P2UuKv (THR)

9 hours ago, Jagged said:

"Having a better relationship with our consumer puts us in control of our own destiny."

- cancelling your deal with Netflix so you can pimp your own streaming business is not how you build a better relationship with your customers. 

9 hours ago, zslane said:

Agreed.  Though I do think that they will do a Daredevil show.  He is their best character in that particular that particular weight class, though I am also a fan of Moon Knight.  If they are smart, they will scalp some of the writing and production crew from the Netflix series since they did a very good job.  However, unless Netflix agrees to sell they the right to the first 3 season, I don't see them going forward with Charlie Cox, Deborah Ann Woll, Elden Henson, or Vincent D'Onofrio.

On 12/20/2018 at 3:55 AM, Ranxerox said:

Though I do think that they will do a Daredevil show.  He is their best character in that particular that particular weight class, though I am also a fan of Moon Knight.  If they are smart, they will scalp some of the writing and production crew from the Netflix series since they did a very good job.  However, unless Netflix agrees to sell they the right to the first 3 season, I don't see them going forward with Charlie Cox, Deborah Ann Woll, Elden Henson, or Vincent D'Onofrio.

A new Daredevil show will be a mistake, because it will not be anywhere near as good. Guaranteed. 

Disney won't revive Daredevil unless they can get the same cast and creative team on it, and the longer Disney drags their feet on that, the harder it will be to make happen (and the clearer it will become they have no interest in doing so). The MCU version of Daredevil has been firmly established by the Netflix shows, and Feige will not want to completely reboot that corner of his cinematic playground. He'll either agree to restart it (with the original cast) as a Disney+ show, or he'll greenlight something completely different. My money is on the latter.