Marvel Cinematic Universe, Phase Three and BEYOOOOONND

Bazza

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Old Man said:

Who would be worthy enough to lift the fragments of Mjolnir?

Beta Ray Bill, of course. He did that in the comics. But it's debatable whether Odin's enchantment on it even applies any more, what with him being dead and Mjolnir shattered.

4 hours ago, Greywind said:

Beta Ray Bill already made an appearance. He was in Thor: Ragnarok.

Unnamed figurehead hardly amounts to much of an "appearance." It's even less than saying the Leader appeared in The Incredible Hulk -- at least there we got Samuel Sterns and an on-camera potential origin. (Still kinda bummed Marvel Studios never did anything with that.)

9 hours ago, Old Man said:

Who would be worthy enough to lift the fragments of Mjolnir?

Captain America.

I may be wrong but it seemed to me that he deliberately stopped trying in AoU. Probably because he saw Thor's face start to fall when Mjolnir began to move and didn't want to embarrass his team-mate. Because that's the kind of man that Steve is. Whereas MCU Stark, ass that he is, tried to cheat when the hammer wouldn't budge.

Or put another way.

15109549_1151289394966624_11230367590383

Stark is a fool. Rogers is a wise man.

8 minutes ago, Doc Shadow said:

Captain America.

I may be wrong but it seemed to me that he deliberately stopped trying in AoU. Probably because he saw Thor's face start to fall when Mjolnir began to move and didn't want to embarrass his team-mate.

Ha!  I thought I was the only one who thought that.

Budge, yes. Wield, no.

12 hours ago, Greywind said:

That's because Marvel and Universal don't have the same working relationship that Marvel and Sony do, so no more Hulk movies for the time being.

By contract Marvel can't make a Hulk-starring movie without paying Universal for distribution, which Disney is unwilling to do. That's why Hulk has only appeared as a supporting character subsequently to The Incredible Hulk. But I'm not aware of that contract extending to Marvel's use of the Leader in any movie not featuring the Hulk as the title character. I know Leader is considered a Hulk villain, but we've had Loki, Klaw, and Red Skull all appear in Avengers films, who are all nemeses to specific heroes.

2 hours ago, zslane said:

The fact that Steve could get Mjolnir to budge even a little was intended to show how virtuous he is. It was not intended to suggest he could have lifted or wielded Mjolnir with a little more effort.

Pretty much this.  He CLEARLY moved the hammer, but that's all it was.

1 hour ago, Lord Liaden said:

By contract Marvel can't make a Hulk-starring movie without paying Universal for distribution, which Disney is unwilling to do. That's why Hulk has only appeared as a supporting character subsequently to The Incredible Hulk. But I'm not aware of that contract extending to Marvel's use of the Leader in any movie not featuring the Hulk as the title character. I know Leader is considered a Hulk villain, but we've had Loki, Klaw, and Red Skull all appear in Avengers films, who are all nemeses to specific heroes.

Had to do Loki. Avengers #1 said so.

10 hours ago, Lord Liaden said:

Budge, yes. Wield, no.

Loki is Thor's villain and the first Avengers villain by canon, Klaw is the villain used to introduce Black Panther to the FF and Red Skull has always been a Captain America foe. The MCU controls those villains as part of those heroes catalog. Leader belongs in Hulk's catalog so Universal has him.