Marvel Cinematic Universe, Phase Three and BEYOOOOONND

Bazza

9 hours ago, Bazza said:

I may need to talk to her. 

She is ever faithful that somehow the writers will kill off that evil 'beach'

Aunt

Daenerys and Jon Snow will end up with his

cousin

(whom he currently looks upon as his half-sister) Sansa.   Affectionately known as 'Jonsa'.  :)

Ah, Game of Thrones.

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Grailknight said:

I think Sansa ends up with the man she was originally married to.

Technically, still married too, since neither died and no annulment was made. Course, I have not watched last season at all as I read the books and got seriously annoyed that GRRM apparently will only finish the series on tv.

Sansa and Tyrion? I don't see it. Tyrion is a nice guy and all (by GoT standards.) And Sansa has grown from the shallow little girl she started out the series as. But still no.

But the more important question is: what the hell happened to anything resembling good plotting as of last season?

So much character and plot fail. Bloody terrible.

Yeah, sure. We got some good special effects. Ice Dragon taking down the wall and all. But seriously, SFX is not what I was tuning in for. I, and I strongly suspect most of the viewership, were there for the plot. But no, producers wanted to drag it out. "Let's undo all the build up of the last few seasons, totally ignore the characters' normal behaviour, and pile on some special effects."

Only character still in character last season was Jon Snow. We expect him to be a total idiot. Tyrion, Varys, even Danaerys: no. They're supposed to be smart. But not if you watched last season.

1 hour ago, drunkonduty said:

Sansa and Tyrion? I don't see it. Tyrion is a nice guy and all (by GoT standards.) And Sansa has grown from the shallow little girl she started out the series as. But still no.

This outcome becomes more interesting if you accept the Tyrion-son-of-Aerys theory, as that would result in another Stark-Targaryen pairing, and could render R+L=J moot.

But the more important question is: what the hell happened to anything resembling good plotting as of last season?

So much character and plot fail. Bloody terrible.

What we are seeing is the result of 1) progressing past the end of the books and 2) an acceleration of a plot that was already kind of a highlight reel compared to what was in the books.  I mean, there are some serious shortcuts happening, especially regarding travel across a good-sized continent.

Only character still in character last season was Jon Snow. We expect him to be a total idiot. Tyrion, Varys, even Danaerys: no. They're supposed to be smart. But not if you watched last season.

I keep expecting Jon Snow to grow a brain and stop Forrest Gumping his way through the series.  Hasn't happened yet.

Re. Tyrion is Targaeryan: if Tyrion is a son  Aerys then he's a bastard son. That ain't gonna be worth much against the other Taergaryan (Targyrean? Ta-ta, Ian? I dunno) claimants. Westeros is down on bastards. Which is ironic given how many of the people we've met in the show are total bastards. (An irony  I am sure GRRM intended.)

6 hours ago, drunkonduty said:

Re. Tyrion is Targaeryan: if Tyrion is a son  Aerys then he's a bastard son. That ain't gonna be worth much against the other Taergaryan (Targyrean? Ta-ta, Ian? I dunno) claimants. Westeros is down on bastards. Which is ironic given how many of the people we've met in the show are total bastards. (An irony  I am sure GRRM intended.)

He might be a bastard son, but then so is Jon, and it's not clear to me at all who would have the strongest claim--except that succession in Westeros in general seems to be patrilinear, which would rule Daenerys out.

3 hours ago, Old Man said:

He might be a bastard son, but then so is Jon, and it's not clear to me at all who would have the strongest claim--except that succession in Westeros in general seems to be patrilinear, which would rule Daenerys out. 

I think Gilly discovered evidence of Jon's parents getting married. Rhaegar had a secret annulment and remarriage, according to some Maester's diary she found when doing research with Sam.