Marvel Cinematic Universe, Phase Three and BEYOOOOONND

Bazza

• Replies 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, Bazza said:

THIS is the one that tempts me... when Civil War came out, I said I would watch the HELL out of a Bucky and Falcon team up movie because the banter between them and the interaction was GOLD "I think I hate you"

So well played, Disney, well played

WandaVision is a terrible name. Sounds like a bad '80s cable tv channel.

I will say, though, that $6.99 per month (or $70 per year) is a pretty good deal if you have a family that loves Disney/Marvel. Of course, that price will go up every year just like Netflix does, so it probably won't be long before it's in the $15 per month range.

5 hours ago, zslane said:

I will say, though, that $6.99 per month (or $70 per year) is a pretty good deal if you have a family that loves Disney/Marvel. Of course, that price will go up every year just like Netflix does, so it probably won't be long before it's in the $15 per month range.

It echoes of the Disneyland attraction, MuppetVision 3D.

6 hours ago, zslane said:

Well I already subscribe to 5 services.  The only way I will add Disney, CBS All Access or any other is by cancelling one of my existing ones in trade.  And so far they have not done anything to entice me.

Having seen the current DC shows and comparing them to the source material, I don't see myself getting excited to actually watch.  And I definitely don't see any reason to drop anything in their favor. 

I'll wait for the video.

2 hours ago, Spence said:

Well I already subscribe to 5 services.

I only subscribe to 2, and so far nothing else has offered compelling enough content to make me want to subscribe to a third. I'm still not sure if Disney+ is the channel that could change that in the long-term, but at $7/month, it might be worth a trial run.

1 hour ago, zslane said:

I only subscribe to 2, and so far nothing else has offered compelling enough content to make me want to subscribe to a third. I'm still not sure if Disney+ is the channel that could change that in the long-term, but at $7/month, it might be worth a trial run.

Well mine are Netflix, Amazon Prime, Crunchyroll, Hulu and Viki. 

I am close to dropping Viki and Hulu as I run to the end of interesting shows.  Or at least the ones that interest me. 

So far nothing I am hearing or seeing in trailers/clips have in any way made me want to subscribe.  When I saw the Teen Titan pics, I didn't even realize that was what they were supposed to be until I read the caption.  Horrible interpretation.

But hey, YMMV.  So I suppose that there are people that like it.  But it will not be getting my $.

5 hours ago, Spence said:

So far nothing I am hearing or seeing in trailers/clips have in any way made me want to subscribe.  When I saw the Teen Titan pics, I didn't even realize that was what they were supposed to be until I read the caption.  Horrible interpretation.

But hey, YMMV.  So I suppose that there are people that like it.  But it will not be getting my $.

??

There are trailers or clips out for Disney+ shows?  Titans is not Disney+.  I saw a clip from The Mandalorian (which actually looked pretty good), but that's the only one I know of so far.

12 hours ago, zslane said:

Yeah, we have Netflix and Amazon Prime.  I won't be subscribing to anything else.

I subscribe to three services, but Disney+ is a tempting add-on both for content and price point. If what they were implying at the announcement is true, there may be a discount for adding it alongside my Hulu subscription. Netflix may be the loser in this equation, as I'm seriously considering giving up the 4K/HDR streaming and ramping back from 4 screens to 2 after their recent price increase.