Marvel Cinematic Universe, Phase Three and BEYOOOOONND

Bazza

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, BoloOfEarth said:

So, on an unrelated note, I (finally!) saw Endgame recently.  Is there anything else I should see (maybe on Netflix or picking up a DVD) before I try to see Spider-Man: Far From Home?

No. Far From Home continues after Endgame. 

On 7/21/2019 at 2:52 PM, mattingly said:

If not Tessa Thompson/Valkyrie taking over, I'd prefer to see Darcy stepping in as the new Thor.

I think this is the first non-joking premise I've heard that would make me boycott a Marvel movie. Darcy overstayed her welcome by 1 3/4 movies as far as I'm concerned.

10 hours ago, zslane said:

I'm not sure there is room for Clea in a Dr. Strange movie already featuring Scarlet Witch. Feige likes to keep things simple (convoluted Endgame plot notwithstanding).

Not Clea as Strange's apprentice, anyway. I suspect Wanda will go to Strange for help understanding her powers, as her comic counterpart was tutored by Agatha Harkness. Clea might serve another function in the movie, though.

But I do pity whatever dimensional tyrant gets on the wrong side of both the Doctor and the Witch.

20 hours ago, BoloOfEarth said:

So, on an unrelated note, I (finally!) saw Endgame recently.  Is there anything else I should see (maybe on Netflix or picking up a DVD) before I try to see Spider-Man: Far From Home?

And I thought I was the only one who finally saw the movie so late. 

53 minutes ago, slikmar said:

If Steve put back all the gems, then Vision should have gotten his back also, right? or are we saying that is the one Thanos destroyed when he destroyed the rest. Perhaps she goes to Strange to help restore Vision.

They all went back. Thanos still plucked it from Vision's forehead.

3 hours ago, Starlord said:

Actually, I think the TV show might be about how Wanda deals with her grief and that could involve losing her grip on reality and even remaking it.

This is my belief as well. The WandaVision show will have Wanda bringing back Vision and starting a family, only to have it taken from her. She will spiral out of control and into madness, leading into the Dr. Strange movie, where she becomes the antagonist. In the comics, it was Dr. Strange who stopped her, and so this tracks as a likely storyline for Dr. Strange and the Multidimensions of Madness.

9 hours ago, Ninja-Bear said:

And I thought I was the only one who finally saw the movie so late. 

My wife didn't see Infinity War (I saw it with some friends), and I didn't relish the idea of taking her to see Endgame and having to answer a thousand whispered questions about what was going on.  So I finally decided, "to hell with it" and went to see Endgame by my lonesome when they re-released it.  She finally saw Infinity War on DVD, but still hasn't seen Endgame. 

I'm wondering whether I should see Far From Home with her, and just tell her that in Endgame, Tony dies helping return everybody that was dusted in IW, but 5 years later.  Not sure if she'll need to know any other details, but from watching the trailers I'm guessing that might cover the big stuff.

Upcoming Marvel Movies

Black Widow (2020) - The only reason to care about this movie is the possibility there is a Natasha clone around so Scarlett Johansson can keep playing the character.

The Eternals (2020) - For those who wanted more Thor like characters without Asgard.

Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Ring (2021) - Because the Ten Rings we mentioned in Iron Man movies a couple of times.

Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (2021) - Because the first Doctor Strange movie wasn't confusing enough.

Thor: Love and Thunder (2021) - Because Natalie Portman has something big on Kevin Feige.