Marvel Cinematic Universe, Phase Three and BEYOOOOONND

Bazza

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 hours ago, Bazza said:

ABC Lines Up Next Marvel Adaptation, In Talks For New Female Superhero – Deadline - deadline.com

Well, they have the opportunity to make a cool show.  If they can somehow avoid giving in to pressure and make a pandering pc checklist show instead.

There are a lot of great female supers that only suffered from a lack of page time. 

But I have to admit the pessimistic side of me expects a steaming pile........

Well Thanos wasn't all Warlock dealt with.  He was involved in some very epic, galactic level stuff like Eternity and the In-Betweener.  But how they'd use him in the movies, I can't even guess.

ABC Lines Up Next Marvel Adaptation, In Talks For New Female Superhero – Deadline - deadline.com

Would be great to see She Hulk, she's always been interesting.

1 hour ago, Spence said:

Well, they have the opportunity to make a cool show.  If they can somehow avoid giving in to pressure and make a pandering pc checklist show instead.

There are a lot of great female supers that only suffered from a lack of page time. 

But I have to admit the pessimistic side of me expects a steaming pile........

Pretty much in agreement. Hopeful but realistically skeptical. 

3 hours ago, Hermit said:

Yeah, Disney tried to go from 5% to 50%? Yowch

I think the two figures are measuring different things. The 5% figure was Disney's income from the latest Spider-Man movies, while the 50% figure is their proposed contribution to future Spider-Man productions (with the associated return probably also being 50%, which only seems fair if you're putting up half the money to make them in the first place).

Sony simply doesn't want to make Disney an equal partner, neither creatively nor financially, in the future of their so-called Spider-Verse mini-cinematic-universe. That makes complete sense when you consider that every studio in Hollywood is terrified of being utterly consumed by the entertainment Megaladon that Disney has become. For Sony, that would start with handing over half of their Spider-Verse. I'm sure they would much rather go it alone, even if that means making less money as a result of lower quality scripts and zero synergy with the MCU.

6 hours ago, RDU Neil said:

Whoa... this could suck... big time.

Will suck is more accurate given Sony's track record in destroying supers franchises. 

24 minutes ago, Lord Liaden said:

I dare say Tom Holland must be feeling quite a bit of angst over this tug of war.

I'd be worried too.

Imagine discovering you will be going from starring in a AAA blockbuster franchise to fifth rate D flicks overnight. 

If you look carefully, you can see that Marvel did make sure that the Spider-Man they put out wasn't the same as the one Sony did.  Different costume, different Mary Jane, different Aunt May, not just actresses but as different in appearance and style as possible.  Almost as if they were deliberately doing an elseworlds version, not the Sony world.