Marvel Cinematic Universe, Phase Three and BEYOOOOONND

Bazza

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Avengers Endgame will be available on Disney+ beginning December 11

WandaVision described as classic sitcom meets MCU spectacle. 

Actress Kat Dennings will be reprising her role as Darcy Lewis from the first two THOR films in the WandaVision Disney+ series.

Actor Park Randall has been confirmed to be reprising his ANT-MAN AND THE WASP role as former S.H.I.E.L.D. agent Jimmy Woo in the WandaVision Disney+ series. 

I wouldn't have minded seeing them develop a series based on Aunt May's home for wayward super teens. In the Ultimate universe, there was a point where she had Spidey, Gwen (as Carnage), Kitty, Iceman (mind drawing a blank, I know there were a couple others), might have had Torch there too as there were problems in FF.

I have said to people in RL that I believe Disney + to be the only one of the streaming channels I would consider paying for. not only for the MCU stuff, but also the Star Wars stuff. Hate them as the megacorp they are, but truth is, Disney (and through the ability to let their child studios (Marvel, Pixar, illumination, etc) do their thing) know how to do entertainment and movies.

Finally saw Endgame.

While well made and I have always liked the cast, I have liked each of the Avengers movies less and less overall.

It isn't that anything in them was not well done.  The solo movies have been fantastic and the initial Avengers was a home run, It is just that for me they get less interesting with each sequel. 

I won't discus any specifics, but for Endgame instead of avidly waiting to see "what will happen next?", it was "can it please get to the end faster?"

As for the paywall shows.  The initial info had me seriously thinking of reversing myself and trying D+. 

And then they started expounding and adding info.

This line made me cringe.

1 hour ago, Bazza said:

WandaVision described as classic sitcom meets MCU spectacle. 

I'm not really looking forward to any of it now.  Maybe after it hits rental or blu-ray I'll sample some of them.  But not too likely. 

45 minutes ago, Spence said:

Finally saw Endgame.

While well made and I have always liked the cast, I have liked each of the Avengers movies less and less overall.

It isn't that anything in them was not well done.  The solo movies have been fantastic and the initial Avengers was a home run, It is just that for me they get less interesting with each sequel. 

I won't discus any specifics, but for Endgame instead of avidly waiting to see "what will happen next?", it was "can it please get to the end faster?"

As for the paywall shows.  The initial info had me seriously thinking of reversing myself and trying D+. 

And then they started expounding and adding info.

This line made me cringe.

I'm not really looking forward to any of it now.  Maybe after it hits rental or blu-ray I'll sample some of them.  But not too likely. 

Blu-rays would probably be exclusives to the Disney Movie Club, like the new Blu-ray versions of 20000 Leagues Under the Sea and The Black Hole.

Wow. I love the prospect of a Moon Knight show and a She Hulk show. And I love the What If? premise of Peggy Carter becoming Captain Britain! If only that could have been a live-action show...

I'm very curious to hear what MCU role Kit Harington is getting. I hope it is a good one because I've heard he's been having trouble coping after GoT wrapped, kinda like a soldier re-entering civilian life after 8 years in the field.

And, um, how are they doing a Spider-Man animated series given the rift that has formed between them and Sony?

ETERNALS Cast Adds Kit Harington As The Black Knight & Barry Keoghan As Druig; Gemma Chan Is Sersi

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/eternals/eternals-cast-adds-kit-harington-as-the-black-knight-barry-keoghan-as-druig-gemma-chan-is-sersi-a170215

“The trio join an ensemble that will also feature Academy Award-winner Angelina Jolie as Thena, Richard Madden as Ikaris, Kumail Nanjiani as Kingo, Lauren Ridloff as Makkari, Brian Tyree Henry as Phastos, Salma Hayek as Ajak, Lia McHugh as Sprite and Don Lee as Gilgamesh.”

So Robb Stark & Jon Snow will be reunited.