Marvel Cinematic Universe, Phase Three and BEYOOOOONND

Bazza

1 hour ago, Bazza said:

So no one other than me read Plato's Timaeus or Critias which introduces the sci-fi story of Atlantis?

My point is that unlike folklore or mythology which has no clear author, the story of Atlantis does. We know when and by who the story originated. 

So, you're saying that Aquaman and Namor are just fanfics?

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have thousands of years between Plato and present day. In that time many parties built up speculation and fiction around the concept of Atlantis, far beyond what Plato wrote or intended, to the point that its concept and associations have long since passed into the public consciousness. I would argue that despite its specific origin, Atlantis has evolved into "folklore."

34 minutes ago, Lord Liaden said:

We have thousands of years between Plato and present day. In that time many parties built up speculation and fiction around the concept of Atlantis, far beyond what Plato wrote or intended, to the point that its concept and associations have long since passed into the public consciousness. I would argue that despite its specific origin, Atlantis has evolved into "folklore."

Fair enough, good point. And true. The whole notion of the "lost continent" has echos back to Atlantis. 

Rumor report: Did Ant-Man 3 really get cancelled?

https://apple.news/APcv07tmQTOKDKl8sNvLE4g

”The Ant-Man films introduced the technology that made it possible for the Avengers to travel through time and acquire all of the Infinity Stones before Thanos could (in Avengers: Endgame); for that matter, if Lang hadn't been freed from the Quantum Realm by the timely intervention of a rat, the universe would be toast.”

i wonder how many times Dr Strange saw that rat? Is the rat the unsung hero of Earth? Should he be made an Avenger? 

It's a little more involved than that. Ant-Man had to be in the quantum realm to be guaranteed shielded from the effects of the "snap." If Thanos had obtained all the Infinity Stones later than he did, Scott would already have gotten out of the realm, so even if he survived the snap he wouldn't have realized the temporal effect of the quantum realm. If Thanos snapped earlier Scott wouldn't have had the chance to enter the realm in the first place -- same outcome. Dr. Strange had to give Thanos the Time Stone when he did, so the timing of the snap would be exactly right.

You could rationalize that as the reason why Strange kept fighting Thanos when he must have foreseen he couldn't win. He had to delay Thanos gaining the Stone to the right moment.

I don't know about woke, but the reports were that Feige had to ask for Perlmutter to be forced out because he was trying to back the inhumans because they couldn't use the xmen, wouldn't do any movie with a solo woman or ethnic hero, and was essentially getting in the way without knowing anything about the process.

Is this guy really that terrible? I asked myself.

It turns out Perlmutter doomed his inhuman television show before it could even get started.

He's terrible.

CES 

There's no denying that Perlmutter and Loeb are both sub-par hacks as producers go, but the tweet from MCU Direct makes it all about how they put up roadblocks to Black Panther and Capt. Marvel, painting Iger as the woke hero of Marvel's diversity push. The fact that it was a tweet could be partly responsible for that (not much room to elaborate), but I think they put the focus exactly where they wanted regardless.

3 hours ago, zslane said:

There's no denying that Perlmutter and Loeb are both sub-par hacks as producers go, but the tweet from MCU Direct makes it all about how they put up roadblocks to Black Panther and Capt. Marvel, painting Iger as the woke hero of Marvel's diversity push. The fact that it was a tweet could be partly responsible for that (not much room to elaborate), but I think they put the focus exactly where they wanted regardless.

Of course they were going to spin it. I mean how much day to day does Iger put in the MCU? That's why he has Feige. If the MCU tanked, Feige would be out of there just like Perlmutter

CES