Marvel Cinematic Universe, Phase Three and BEYOOOOONND

Bazza

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, zslane said:

Yesterday's news that Feige would be producing a new Star Wars movie was Disney's brinkmate move. Sony's capitulation was inevitable.

said Feige. “Spider-Man is a powerful icon and hero whose story crosses all ages and audiences around the globe. He also happens to be the only hero with the superpower to cross cinematic universes, so as Sony continues to develop their own Spidey-verse you never know what surprises the future might hold.”

I think the conclusion is obvious: Spider-senses are an aspect of The Force.

Spider-Man is going to be getting his own lightsaber!

45 minutes ago, archer said:

< Uncle Ben's voice >

"Trust the Force, Peter."

Hey...

Ben Kenobi...Uncle Ben...you know, we've never seen them in the same place at the same time. Could they be the same person?

Marisa Tomei is 54, Ewan McGregor is 48. It could work. ;) 

5 hours ago, Old Man said:

"Potential"?  Have you not seen Into the Spider-verse?

Yes I saw it. You will remember that it is animation not live action, has no appearance by Tom Holland, and has no connection to the MCU. 

We know as part of the new deal that Spider-Man has one more non-Sony film (maybe more, but let’s go with one). Deadline reports that the established MCU and the fledgling Sony’s Marvel Universe “...there could be a ‘call and answer’ between the two franchises as they acknowledge details between the two in what is would loosely be described as a shared detailed universe.”

In 2021, on May 7, We get Doctor Strange Multiverse of Madness, and later that year, July 16 is Spider-Man 3. My speculation is that Doctor Strange would be the perfect vehicle for any “crossover” between the two studios’ cinematic universes.  Sony’s Marvel Universe may be an easter egg, just one of many in the multiverse witnessed by Doctor Strange. And conceivably at the end of Spider-Man 3, Peter Parker finds himself in Sony’s Marvel Universe.

The other relevant point to this new agreement between Disney & Sony is that Sony is developing a Madame Web film. Morbius scribes Matt Sazama and Burk Sharpless are writing a script. At the end of the The 90s Spider-Man-Man cartoon, Madame Webb, voiced by Joan Lee, was a key character in that two part Spider-Verse story. Thus to me, the likelihood Is that Sony wants a live action Spidey-Verse and Madame Web is a key piece of the puzzle. 

Another piece to this puzzle is that Miles Morales. Homecoming hinted that he exists in the MCU, with Kevin Feige confirming it. Whether Marvel Studios has future plans for the character is unknown, but no doubt that due to the reception & popularity of Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse, Sony wants to capitalise on its success. 

So yes, the _potential_ is there for Tom Holland’s Spider-Man to cross universes. He can comeback when the Avengers need him, but can also remain in Sony’s Marvel Universe.

The point I was trying to make is that the multiverse concept has been an established part of Marvel (and DC) comics for a very long time, so it would hardly be a stretch to work that into the MCU/Sonyverse.  Especially since, as you pointed out, Morales exists and Stephen is already a planeswalker.  I'd add to that that the cosmology of Asgard has already been shown to be expressly interdimensional.