Bazza

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Disney pushes back release dates some more

Black Widow’s theatrical premiere has now been pushed to November 6, which required other Marvel Cinematic Universe films to be shifted in turn.

The Eternals will be bumped to May 21, 2021—Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness’ original intended launch date. Doctor Strange won’t be going mad until November 5, 2021 now, and that change pushed Thor: Love and Thunder’s release to Feb. 28, 2022. Curiously, Captain Marvel 2's release date is moving up to July 8, 2022. THR also noted, “the untitled Indiana Jones film is being pushed back a year, from July 9, 2021 to July 29, 2022.” (No update was offered on the already much-shifted New Mutants.)

Personally I believe there will be further slippage.

7 hours ago, Old Man said:

Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness’ original intended launch date. Doctor Strange won’t be going mad until November 5, 2021 now, and that change pushed Thor: Love and Thunder’s release to Feb. 28, 2022.

Why open Strange the week after Halloween?

And they're opening Thor on a Monday?

12 hours ago, zslane said:

Seemingly shift to Disney? What is this "seemingly" business?

Netflix owned part of the rights to broadcast for the characters. With the shows shut down, Disney/marvel had to wait out the competition clause to start using the names again. This might not be a perfect analogy, but some television and radio stations have pieces in their public talents that if they quit, they can't be a public face on another station for a set amount of time

CES   

On 4/16/2020 at 9:42 AM, zslane said:

I guess what I mean is that either the rights revert to Disney or they don't. I don't think they can "seem" to revert.

I took the use of the word "seemingly" to mean that up to this point the sources available to the writer are not considered 100% authoritative.  

Or "I am almost positive this is happening, but I cannot find a specific confirmation from the principles stating it". 

Since I haven't actually followed any of this, I don't know if any of this true or not.