Marvel Cinematic Universe, Phase Three and BEYOOOOONND

Bazza

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Thor and Hulk are going to be immune to Coronavirus.  Stark, Nat and Clint are probably susceptible.  The unknown is Cap - does the serum immunize him?  Probably.  Also, how does it work with Banner?  Could Bruce get it, but then when he transforms it's destroyed?  Or is his gamma-irradiated human body unaffected from the get-go?

Another question is Spidey.  You'd think he'd be pretty hardy, yet in the comics he was shown repeatedly getting things like the common cold.

On 4/25/2020 at 3:25 AM, Bazza said:

They're well on track to becoming the biggest cinematic universe of all time.  Wong Fei Hong has 80 films, but at this pace they'll pass him within the next 20 years.  Then I expect a reboot once Tom Holland is around 50+ years old.  

It's an amazing cinematic achievement.  As a nerd from the "bad old days", whenever I see or hear someone complaining about the MCU all I hear is that "the caviar isn't fresh and the champagne is going flat, I expected more for my $20".  

• 1 month later...

I know I'm way behind, but my wife and I finally watched Spider-Man: Far From Home last night.

That was a seriously fun movie. :)  It really felt like a comic book.  We both had a blast.

Tom Holland is perfect as Spider-Man.  And I have to admit (spoilers)... seeing JK Simmons come back as J Jonah Jameson made me so happy I almost squealed like a teenage girl.  There's really nobody who could do that role better than him. Jake Gyllenhaal did a decent job as a villain I never cared about, and the special effects team did a spectacular job.

On 6/14/2020 at 7:57 AM, Starlord said:

Thor and Hulk are going to be immune to Coronavirus.  Stark, Nat and Clint are probably susceptible.  The unknown is Cap - does the serum immunize him?  Probably.  Also, how does it work with Banner?  Could Bruce get it, but then when he transforms it's destroyed?  Or is his gamma-irradiated human body unaffected from the get-go?

Another question is Spidey.  You'd think he'd be pretty hardy, yet in the comics he was shown repeatedly getting things like the common cold.

The mortality rate - without co-morbidities - in people under 50 is unbelievably low.  While it's possible Stark, Nat, Clint or Spidey could get seriously ill or die the odds are TINY.

High blood pressure and diabetes are the two biggest risks for dying in the younger age categories.  Without them the odds of a battle-ready ultra-healthy superhero type dying from the 'Rona would be about 0.0%.

2 minutes ago, ScottishFox said:

The mortality rate - without co-morbidities - in people under 50 is unbelievably low.  While it's possible Stark, Nat, Clint or Spidey could get seriously ill or die the odds are TINY.

High blood pressure and diabetes are the two biggest risks for dying in the younger age categories.  Without them the odds of a battle-ready ultra-healthy superhero type dying from the 'Rona would be about 0.0%.

The post was meant as a starter for a silly conversation and written with tongue firmly set in cheek.

• 4 weeks later...

Wow, he seemed like a nice guy and he was funny as hell on Saturday Night Live.  Cancer sucks.
Business wise, I wonder what Marvel’s going to do?  He so nailed the character in at least three movies I for one can’t imagine anybody else taking the role, but BP was a big moneymaker and a sequel is already in the pipeline