Marvel Cinematic Universe, Phase Three and BEYOOOOONND

Bazza

• Replies 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, they could also use the caveat that every time we have seen her at those levels, she was in close proximity to the power stone, which is what apparently gave her her powers, or at least activated and boosted them. At least I think was the Power stone. So, remove it from her proximity and you can downplay her power level some.

6 hours ago, Tjack said:

I also believe Marvel may have to bite the bullet and re-cast T’Challa.

That will never happen. Disney (Feige in particular) understands the optics of doing something like that, and will find a rational way forward that doesn't involve recasting T'Challa.

21 hours ago, Matt the Bruins said:

My biggest problem with Hawkeye being the leader of the Avengers is that he's played by Jeremy Renner. Dude drew the short straw among the original six when they were handing out personal charisma and the "It" factor, and barely spits his foot out of his mouth long enough to say his lines.

I've always loved Renner.

On 9/4/2020 at 3:34 PM, unclevlad said:

Plus, they positioned Hawkeye to retire in Endgame, adn apparently that's still the plan.  Clint Barton will show up...but passing the mantle.  I'm actually better with that, purely from a story perspective.  

That’s actually the plot line for the new Hawkeye TV show for Netflicks.  Clint trains a young woman named Kate Bishop to be the next Hawkeye.
     She is the second Hawkeye in the Marvel comics universe   This series will be based on the current comic.

That's what was set up in the aftermath scenes in Endgame.

And remember the first half of Endgame.  5 years pass from Thanos' snap, IIRC, and the world is still *reeling* from it.  Clint went through those years, knowing that, ok, the failure wasn't his alone, but it's still his in part.  Hopelessness, despair, futility...rampant nihilism.  I'd HATE to see the suicide rates in those 5 years.  

So as part of the second chance, he sees the one person he cares about the most, sacrifice herself in his place.  OH JOY!!!!  ANOTHER round of devastating loss, combined with a mountain-sized pile of survivor's guilt.

Makes far more sense to say he can't muster the passion needed to return to the hero life.  His rock bottom is somewhat different from Thor's rock bottom;  Thor's is rooted in failure.  Clint's is rooted in loss.

1 hour ago, Tjack said:

That’s actually the plot line for the new Hawkeye TV show for Netflicks.  Clint trains a young woman named Kate Bishop to be the next Hawkeye.
     She is the second Hawkeye in the Marvel comics universe   This series will be based on the current comic.

Too bad.  The new storylines are meh at best.

And..There's a new Netflix Hawkeye show???  I thought Disney had pulled back all their titles in house. 

5 hours ago, Ternaugh said:

It's not Netflix, it was announced for Disney+. 

Oops.  Either way Renner is committed for something other than the films.  Not that they can’t change things at the drop of a hat, but I hate to think of the co-stars, crew, etc. who could lose their jobs if they cancel the series before it even starts.

On 9/4/2020 at 2:57 PM, Old Man said:

Renner's good, but Hawkeye hasn't been a foreground character.  Retirement and spending the blip as Ronin don't help his application for the leadership position.

On 9/3/2020 at 4:09 PM, mattingly said:

I think Hawkeye / Renner could lead the Avengers. He's got a tactical mind like Cap did, and he'd keep the team emotionally connected to the man on the street.

10 hours ago, unclevlad said:

Makes far more sense to say he can't muster the passion needed to return to the hero life.  His rock bottom is somewhat different from Thor's rock bottom;  Thor's is rooted in failure.  Clint's is rooted in loss.

Well, I don't think he will lead the Avengers, just that he could.