Marvel Cinematic Universe, Phase Three and BEYOOOOONND

Bazza

3 hours ago, archer said:

I'd love Count Nefaria if they put him in his classic costume and eventually treated him as a full-blown supervillain who would inspire other villains to wear actual costumes. (If nothing else, the MCU is missing out on merchandising by not putting villains in colorful costumes in the movies)

He could be a mastermind for a few movies maneuvering villains such as the Living Laser, Whirlwind, and Power Man (obviously under a different name to preserve that name for a better project). Then wham in with the "I was just powering you up so I could steal your powers" schtick for the Avengers movie.

count nefaria.jpg

I think they could probably either do a Squadron Sinister film or put together a team around Nefaria who's effectively an "evil Justice League" for the Avengers to face off with.

• Replies 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately Graviton was already used up in Agents of SHIELD. Ditto the Absorbing Man IIRC, who would have made a fine recruit for the Masters of Evil.

The Incredible Hulk planted an origin seed for the Leader. Could be interesting to see what Samuel Sterns has been up to all these years...

15 hours ago, Lord Liaden said:

Unfortunately Graviton was already used up in Agents of SHIELD. Ditto the Absorbing Man IIRC, who would have made a fine recruit for the Masters of Evil.

The Incredible Hulk planted an origin seed for the Leader. Could be interesting to see what Samuel Sterns has been up to all these years...

They could easily bring both back with origins a bit closer to their comic analogues.

Unfortunately Graviton was already used up in Agents of SHIELD. Ditto the Absorbing Man IIRC, who would have made a fine recruit for the Masters of Evil.

I mean, other than being tainted with being on a crappy show, I don't see how that's unfortunate.  It means that they don't have to be introed and are already in the setting.

I think they should keep the Leader for a Hulk story myself.

1 hour ago, Pattern Ghost said:

In Graviton's case, "used up" means "dead."

Of course, there are many ways around that in genre.

And Graviton "absorbed" Creel when Creel absorbed gravitonium, so he may or may not be dead as well. But what I meant by "used up" is that both characters were major plot elements in AoS, but in powered-down versions so those heroes could beat them. They're not the comic-book versions who could threaten the entire Avengers team, so they can't be used in the same way Thanos was and Kang could be.

Well, they could bring Graviton back in a souped-up form. He was still growing in power at the time he was blasted into orbit, so it'd be pretty easy to bring him back by saying his power grew to the point that being spaced isn't such a big deal. They could show an ominous gravitonium cocoon, then have him pop out at an opportune moment.

1 minute ago, Pattern Ghost said:

Well, they could bring Graviton back in a souped-up form. He was still growing in power at the time he was blasted into orbit, so it'd be pretty easy to bring him back by saying his power grew to the point that being spaced isn't such a big deal. They could show an ominous gravitonium cocoon, then have him pop out at an opportune moment.

Maybe the Graviton that perished in outer space years ago was really some sort of cosmic energy being and the real human being who was Graviton really still exists at the bottom of a bay.

You know, read to burst forth at any point in time with his original powers.

He could find his former girlfriend had shacked up with a virtual clone of himself which was formed by a geneticist who happens to have a major grudge against the Avengers.

Hilarity ensues.

I can almost guarantee you that Feige will not bother with any characters that appeared in Agents of Shield who didn't appear in one of his MCU movies first (ala Phil Coulson and Peggy Carter). They have the taint of "ruined by Jeff Loeb" on them. Besides, Feige doesn't need any of those characters. He has the entire stockpile of characters from the Marvel vault at his disposal, and he knows he can pretty much make any of them interesting/popular if he puts the effort in.

Echoing Zslane, I’m pretty sure Feige & Co would consider Agents of Shield & other TV series apocryphal at best, or just simply ignore it (non canon). 

The only character to crossover from tv to film is Agent Carter’s Jarvis. And Wanda Vision recently introduced a magical book, previously used in Agents of Shield & Runaways. 

49 minutes ago, zslane said:

I can almost guarantee you that Feige will not bother with any characters that appeared in Agents of Shield who didn't appear in one of his MCU movies first (ala Phil Coulson and Peggy Carter). They have the taint of "ruined by Jeff Loeb" on them. Besides, Feige doesn't need any of those characters. He has the entire stockpile of characters from the Marvel vault at his disposal, and he knows he can pretty much make any of them interesting/popular if he puts the effort in.

I can't dispute anything here, but I do find it sad that Peggy Carter didn't get a better run. 

Peggy Carter wasn't terrible, but it didn't exactly grip my attention either.

(If nothing else, the MCU is missing out on merchandising by not putting villains in colorful costumes in the movies)

I agree, I do not understand why they are doing this to themselves. At this point, you've mainstreamed the idea of superheroes and made them respectable, you don't have to worry about chasing off the squares.  Go with the themes.

40 minutes ago, Lord Liaden said:

Given that the Darkhold is now in the mainstream mix, I would not be surprised if Ghost Rider transitioned into the MCU. He's one of the most compelling characters to come out of Marvel's television division, and could hold his own against nearly any Marvel hero or villain.

I'm sure Nick Cage could use the work.

1 hour ago, Lord Liaden said:

Given that the Darkhold is now in the mainstream mix, I would not be surprised if Ghost Rider transitioned into the MCU. He's one of the most compelling characters to come out of Marvel's television division, and could hold his own against nearly any Marvel hero or villain.

A MCU movie with Ghost Rider in it wouldn't be a bad thing.  I like the character even if GR is NOT a superhero, because he is not.  It is a great character and could be great in a MCU movie. 

1 hour ago, Greywind said:

I'm sure Nick Cage could use the work.

Nick Cage is not as bad as people make him out to be.  He is a working actor that will take roles that are offered.  He really wasn't bad in the GR movies.

When you compare his acting to MANY of the players in movies and TV the last 2-3 years, he actually looks damn good.  Especially with some of the weak story/strong agenda offal that has been shoveled our way.

Cage can be really good or really terrible.  He's basically crazy but usually entertaining.  And he'll try anything while giving it his all, and I have to respect his work ethic.

I cannot remember the comic, but for awhile Marvel had one where Ghost Rider, Cloak & Dagger, Punisher, etc would hang out and do their vigilante thing.  Seems to me a TV show like that with story arcs of each character and a revolving team of vigilantes so its not one character's constant story would do well and be worth watching.  If written well.  Without the massive amount of padding that he Netflix series got, for example.

Bucky’s line about The Hobbit proves his the biggest nerd/geek in the MCU according this:
https://mashable.com/article/the-falcon-and-the-winter-soldier-episode-2-bucky-the-hobbit/

Love this sentence: “Twenty-year-old Bucky was a six-foot ladies man and boxing champion who spent most of his free time kicking back with Brooklyn’s angriest real-life hobbit, Steve Rogers, and taking art classes. “

And The Hobbit replied to the above tweet: 

3 hours ago, Spence said:

A MCU movie with Ghost Rider in it wouldn't be a bad thing.  I like the character even if GR is NOT a superhero, because he is not.  It is a great character and could be great in a MCU movie. 

Nick Cage is not as bad as people make him out to be.  He is a working actor that will take roles that are offered.  He really wasn't bad in the GR movies.

When you compare his acting to MANY of the players in movies and TV the last 2-3 years, he actually looks damn good.  Especially with some of the weak story/strong agenda offal that has been shoveled our way.

I liked the first one. Minor quibbles at most. Second one lost me. Violated things set down in the first one. Like Ghost Rider doesn't do sunlight.

Nick Cage is the acting equivalent of bipolar. When he's good he's sublimely great. When he's bad he's laughably terrible. And I enjoyed his Ghost Rider too. A little over the top for my tastes, but Cage fully committed to the character, and at that point in the evolution of superhero movies that wasn't a given.

36 minutes ago, Greywind said:

I liked the first one. Minor quibbles at most. Second one lost me. Violated things set down in the first one. Like Ghost Rider doesn't do sunlight.

Not wrong.  But then Follywood has been screwing up stories for years.

But Cages GR wasn't bad, he did a good job with what he was given in both films. 

12 minutes ago, Lord Liaden said:

Nick Cage is the acting equivalent of bipolar. When he's good he's sublimely great. When he's bad he's laughably terrible. And I enjoyed his Ghost Rider too. A little over the top for my tastes, but Cage fully committed to the character, and at that point in the evolution of superhero movies that wasn't a given.

The exact reason why I like him in movies.  If he agrees to play a part, well he is all in and plays that part.  Good or bad.

9 hours ago, Lord Liaden said:

Nicholas Cage is the white actor equivalent of Samuel L. Jackson. It's just that Sam has better humor.