Marvel Cinematic Universe, Phase Three and BEYOOOOONND

Bazza

• Replies 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're certainly welcome to your opinion but I'm glad you're in the minority. :)

I've really enjoyed the last 10 years for the most part and I'm pretty interested all the tv and movie projects coming up.  :thumbup:  They are a mixture of the most popular characters currently out there, new characters and some fringe characters being given a chance to shine.  This hardly seems random, but actually a pretty smart strategy IMO.

Marvel’s D+ strategy seems to be to give focus to secondary/supporting characters, both hero & villain, and give them the equivalent of a film budget. For both WandaVision, and The Falcon and The Winter Soldier it has paid off. 

I take this with a grain of salt, but my sister in law said that F/WS was very dark, in tone, not necessarily in appearance. But she tends to find things dark that I do not. I really want to try to watch all these series, especially as Wandavision seems to be a lead in to SpiderMan and Doctor Strange's movies.

On 4/5/2021 at 3:19 PM, slikmar said:

I take this with a grain of salt, but my sister in law said that F/WS was very dark, in tone, not necessarily in appearance. But she tends to find things dark that I do not. I really want to try to watch all these series, especially as Wandavision seems to be a lead in to SpiderMan and Doctor Strange's movies.

Well, I mean, Ep. 4 may have been a bit dark.

Spoiler

5 Massive The Falcon And The Winter Soldier Questions We're Left With After  Episode 4 - CINEMABLEND

]

I broke down and got Disney+ a month ago (to beat the price hike).  I only recently finished the Netflix serieses I was watching and booted up Falcon & Winter Soldier.  My oldest, who until today had never expressed much enthusiasm for MCU films, freaked.  He insisted I rewind Ep 1 so he could see it from the beginning, and then insisted that we watch Ep 2 right away.  I'm not complaining, but it's weird.

Also the show is incredible. 

45 minutes ago, Old Man said:

I broke down and got Disney+ a month ago (to beat the price hike).  I only recently finished the Netflix serieses I was watching and booted up Falcon & Winter Soldier.  My oldest, who until today had never expressed much enthusiasm for MCU films, freaked.  He insisted I rewind Ep 1 so he could see it from the beginning, and then insisted that we watch Ep 2 right away.  I'm not complaining, but it's weird.

Also the show is incredible. 

Remember to watch WandaVision. 

51 minutes ago, Matt the Bruins said:

In which... his character died?

https://variety.com/2021/film/news/alfred-molina-spider-man-no-way-home-doc-ock-1234953527/

When the actor asked Jon Watts, the director of “No Way Home,” how the movie would bring Doc Ock back — since, as he pointed out, “I died” — Molina said the director told him, “In this universe, no one really dies.”