Marvel Cinematic Universe, Phase Three and BEYOOOOONND

Bazza

I thought the Doc Ock arms looked terrible in SM2 (showing exposed mechanisms just makes me constantly wonder how the mechanisms can keep working just in everyday use and why the hero doesn't just foul them). 

I realize that they had limitations with CGI and also didn't want to make technology look so advanced that it looked out of place in "modern day NYC". 

But I'd hoped that if they reintroduced the character at some point that it'd be with a different actor and with different mechanical arms.

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, archer said:

I thought the Doc Ock arms looked terrible in SM2 (showing exposed mechanisms just makes me constantly wonder how the mechanisms can keep working just in everyday use and why the hero doesn't just foul them). 

I realize that they had limitations with CGI and also didn't want to make technology look so advanced that it looked out of place in "modern day NYC". 

But I'd hoped that if they reintroduced the character at some point that it'd be with a different actor and with different mechanical arms.

No reason the arms couldn't be different this time around at least.

And I suspect has nothing to do with the current spiderman, as the next Holland one seems to be part of the multidimension thing from Wanda and Strange, and I thought that Molina may have been the best villain yet in the spider man movies, only rivaled by Vulture, honestly. Mysterio was well done, and I liked DaFoe as Goblin, but not really as Norman Osborne (same problem most actors have with Batman or Superman I suppose, one or other good), I liked their Sandman too and wish he had been partnered with Hydro or someone else instead of Venom, Jaimie Foxx's Electro was just, well, not Electro. I am more interested/annoyed with Mysterio (though more likely the scientists who worked with him) giving away Peter's identity. Thought that could have been done waaaayyyy better. with the recording ending with And his name is ...., fade to black. then you have the classic spiderman situation. hate spidey but peter is anonymous.

12 minutes ago, Jhamin said:

Am I the only one nervous that the success of Into the Spiderverse made Sony overly eager to do a live action version but without the ethnic kids?

Well, Peter's girlfriend, best friend and bully are all cast as ethnic kids. There's also been a rumor they may be introducing live action Miles Morales in the next movie.

I'm more concerned they may not execute so well on the huge number of characters they're tossing in. Into the Spiderverse did a good job, but live action supers movies with too many characters haven't always hit the mark.

7 minutes ago, Pattern Ghost said:

Well, Peter's girlfriend, best friend and bully are all cast as ethnic kids. There's also been a rumor they may be introducing live action Miles Morales in the next movie.

I'm more concerned they may not execute so well on the huge number of characters they're tossing in. Into the Spiderverse did a good job, but live action supers movies with too many characters haven't always hit the mark.

When Marvel has control I trust them to do well.  Sony has not earned my optimism.

My thinking is that we already have Into the Spiderverse and it was very nice.  I'd love to see the sequel.  I'm not sure I want to see a remake so soon.  (I know it won't be exactly the same, but with all the Spiderman Plots out there did we need 2 movies about alternate dimension Spider People in 4 years?)

Since Marvel is going all-in with the multiverse, would it be too much to ask to get Lou Ferringo to reprise his role as Hulk, and Chris Evan’s to reprise his role as Johnny Storm? An extra bonus would be Hugh Jackman to appear as Wolverine. All these would be cameos, less than a minute of screen time for the lot. 

Basically, tie every live action marvel film/series as belonging adjacent to the MCU. 

Not that great of a trailer.  Not that bad either.

Could go both ways.

I really hope they make a movie about the character and not a showcase for political points. 

They have shown they can do great movies, but they have also put out some disappointments. 

I really hope that this one is a good one.

4 hours ago, zslane said:

You can tell by the stop-and-start journey that Iron Fist took to get to production that Marvel didn't really want to do it. Their heart just wasn't in it, and it showed.

Netflix only had so much money for the first seasons so by the time they started on IF most of it was gone. And then they handed the production to Scott Buck, who has a reputation for being on time and under budget but not knowing the source material

CES 

3 hours ago, zslane said:

Iron Fist was rushed into production without a coherent plan for the series, and was saddled with a misguided casting strategy. Anyone who had been following the behind-the-scenes drama knew it was doomed from the start.

I agree with Z on this, plus Scott Buck is on record for not wanting to work with the source material. So they had to create a show out of the remains of a budget used up by three other shows, use a show runner that didn't want to do Iron Fist, and have it done in a couple of months before the Defenders was scheduled to drop

CES