Marvel Cinematic Universe, Phase Three and BEYOOOOONND

Bazza

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Lord Liaden said:

So how is the next millennium? Does the Earth become Waterworld after global warming? Do we finish terraforming Mars? Will we finally cure pattern baldness?

I want to know how much vacation he gets after putting 1006 years in at the same job. 

Yes, but WandaVision had 9 episodes, so could afford a slow start; Loki only has 6, so really can’t afford a slow start. I’d expect its structure to follow FAWS. I also don’t expect any big reveals or big plot points (eg Kang introduced as the big bad). 

Then again, Kang is rumored to be the MCU's next Big Bad, so at least foreshadowing him in this series would make sense.

The last two series turned an established heroine into a mad demigoddess, and crafted a new Sentinel of Liberty. I'm quite willing to accept the possibility that this one will leave us with something big.

I am hoping they wait until the FF is out to do Galactus, and hoping they DO NOT do Galactus in a FF movie.

This idea you have to have a huge mega villain story to start with is foolish: introduce them and let people get to know the heroes, then do another movie with a bigger story later.

17 minutes ago, Lord Liaden said:

A little over a hundred years ago, the United States of America was an agrarian backwater, and the people of one island in Europe ruled a quarter of the surface of the planet.

Don't rule out the Finns. :tsk:

So reindeer everywhere?

I'd like to see that in the cards.

I'm sure the Spike Network will continue provide plenty of entertainment free of the scary colored and queer people, and women with minds of their own.

Oh, it got rebranded in 2018 and now features an original movie about the Trayvon Martin story, and Ice Cube hosting Lip Sync Battle? Oops! 🤷‍♂️ Well, there are always those Christian film industry movies. Enjoy!

21 hours ago, Lord Liaden said:

So how is the next millennium? Does the Earth become Waterworld after global warming? Do we finish terraforming Mars? Will we finally cure pattern baldness?

Well they use temporal refugees to deliver film cans to boutique theaters. Climate change just made the jungles in Southern California more lush. Oh, and most SF programming has moved to studio facilities in Mars orbit. Old Oniel colonies get reporposed as film sets for non inion production. 

1 hour ago, Matt the Bruins said:Well, there are always those Christian film industry movies. Enjoy!

Working on it. They pay well for competent VFX work, which I can do, without the Hollywood bullshit. 

There is no reason they couldn't do that, they just need to write a good story

That's really the issue though, isn't it?  They need a good story, with good cast and good direction first.  That's how they built this empire.

Instead they want to focus on diversity and inclusion and multiculturalism because the VP thinks that's how they got to where they are.  Its like they learned nothing at all from their past.

2 hours ago, zslane said:

I look forward to the MCU movie where nearly the entire cast and crew are native Americans and Inuit.

2 hours ago, pinecone said:

There is no reason they couldn't do that, they just need to write a good story.

IIRC there are a lot of Heroes in Marvel's books that came from those cultural backgrounds. 

Write a story with a good plot/reason for them to come together/team up and then cast them with actors that fit the parts. 

But that will never happen.  My guess is the nearest thing will be taking an existing super team and change all the white people to Indiginous and any males to female and then rant about how all whites are genetically racist, all males are toxic and anyone that didn't like the show is something'phobic.

So many great Marvel characters are being left to obscurity just so they can swap everything.  Now that they are openly proud of being discriminatory, I expect we only have a couple more years of cringe worthy movies and TV before the MCU ends.