Marvel Cinematic Universe, Phase Three and BEYOOOOONND

Bazza

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Christopher R Taylor said:

I'd like to think so, but we're in a era where offending half your customer base and playing for "virtue" points seems to matter more to corporations than earnings.

Tell that to the guy who green lit the Lone Ranger with Johnny Depp because he was fired.

CES

17 hours ago, csyphrett said:

I am comfortable with saying that I only watched the movies I wanted to watch (GOTG, GOTG2, Ant Man, Ant Man and the Wasp, Endgame, I wanted to see Dr Strange but I didn't get to, and I haven't got a copy of the DVD yet) because that was what I wanted to watch and I didn't watch anything else because I didn't care about those characters.

If you liked the GOTGs, I recommend Thor Ragnarok. If you haven't seen the previous movies, you'll miss an in-joke or two, but for the most part it's standalone.

4 hours ago, mattingly said:

If you liked the GOTGs, I recommend Thor Ragnarok. If you haven't seen the previous movies, you'll miss an in-joke or two, but for the most part it's standalone.

I think I saw the last half of this movie on Youtube. I remember a part where Thor is trying to unlock a password with the Strongest Avenger, but it's really the Hulk's password

CES  

15 hours ago, mattingly said:

Also Infinity War, since they play a very big part in its narrative. (I'd say it's almost as much Gamora's story as Thanos'.)

19 minutes ago, Christopher R Taylor said:

Kind of nice to see them do more with the Ten Rings.  First scene should have the actual Mandarin show up and brutally murder Trevor Slattery.

Not before he does his "Ole, ole ole, ole, ole!" soccer chant again. That was the best part of the previous movie.

I assumed that the point of his appearance in the Marvel short about breaking him out of the minimum security prison (with guest star Justin Hammer cameo) was that real Mandarin has ordered him to be captured so that Trevor Slattery can be the next host for the Mandarin's possession. Like, since he had been public about supposedly being the Mandarin, the actual Mandarin was giving him a "cruel irony" punishment.

(Incidentally allowing Marvel to bring back Ben Kingsley after wasting him as a kind of glorified cameo for the whole Iron Man 3 thing. It was also kind of a waste of Iron Man 3. If they had just admitted from the outset that it was the Extremis guys who were the villains and that the plot was more of a delve into Tony's PTS, they'd have been much better off.)

Just watched the third episode of Loki.

What's with Disney+ Loki having such a hard time fighting humans? He was tossing Cap around like a rag doll in Avengers, yet repeatedly gets out-muscled by normals in his own series. I was thinking the TVA troops were possibly enhanced, but there have been too many other fights to ignore.