Marvel Cinematic Universe, Phase Three and BEYOOOOONND

Bazza

I didn't mean having the actual Phoenix Force, but having power of that magnitude, with the responsibilities and temptations that go with it. Feige's remarks suggest emotional struggles for Carol Danvers in dealing with her power, that are reminiscent of Jean Grey's. Also, in the comics Grey became Phoenix after sacrificing herself to save her comrades by piloting a shuttle into the sun. That sort of classic superhero origin would be appropriate for Danvers to gain Binary-type and level of powers.

Ah, okay, gotcha. Apologies for misconstruing a "phoenix-like" character with the Phoenix Force/Jean Grey. 

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Illuminati confirmed.

Not necessary, but it does seem that it is very likely, and the direction they are headed in. 

Doctor Strange May Introduce the Illuminati to the MCU

http://screenrant.com/doctor-strange-illuminati-mcu/

Did Benedict Cumberbatch Just Reveal That The Illuminati Are Joining The MCU In 'Doctor Strange 2'?

http://moviepilot.com/p/illuminati-could-join-mcu-doctor-strange-2/4112272

This is a fan analysis of who could make up a MCU group: Marvel's Cinematic Universe's Illuminati

It's such a shame that exclusive licensing deals between Hollywood studios effectively screwed the pooch for the MCU. In my view, inhumans are a weak substitute for mutants and the substantial popularity of the X-Men and its roster of mutant villains. And while the MCU isn't necessarily suffering for the lack of the Fantastic Four per se, I do think that Reed Richards' absence is sorely felt. I feel that trying to spread his role in the setting over three others is less than ideal. Stark and Pym are the technologists. Banner is the biochemist. The MCU could really use a general-purpose scientific super-genius, and it is tragic that it can't be Mr. Fantastic. I also feel the same way about the lack of Marvel's most powerful (mutant) telepaths in the MCU.

The Avengers, the Defenders, the X-Men, the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, and Namor should all live in the same live-action continuity dammit. The one thing DC has going for it is that they aren't prohibited from using any of their most popular characters in the DCEU. Yet while they have full and unencumbered access, they still can't get it right. Oy.

I have to respectfully disagree over the inclusion of the X-Men and their fellow mutants in the MCU. Even in the Marvel Comics universe, mutants co-exist uncomfortably with superhumans having other origins. For some reason mutants are hated and feared by a large segment of the population, while other supers may be respected and lauded. The issues they deal with seem like an entirely different continuity from the rest of the Marvel Universe. IMHO they work much better in their own separate cinematic world, with mutation being the only source of super powers, rather than being squeezed in with all the mutates, aliens, and gods.

And yet superheroes have been members of both the X-Men and the Avengers, and both mutants and other superheroes have co-existed in the 616 continuity for decades without much in the way of conceptual friction.

All the time I was reading the Clairmont/Byrne run of X-Men in the early 80s, this business of mutants being hated and feared to the point where it undermined the dramatic viability of the entire Marvel universe just didn't exist. Somewhere along the way someone broke the Marvel universe and made mutants incompatible with everything else. Well, the MCU wouldn't have to go the same route if they had mutants (and the X-Men) in it. The mistakes of the 616 can be avoided.

Well, I guess my point is that the X-Men should always have been a "Marvel film" franchise from the beginning. Same with Fantastic Four and Spider-Man. Some of the X-Men and Spider-Man movies we got were good, but I am nevertheless disappointed that these characters aren't in the MCU.

I will say, one of the funnier things during the comics Civil War was Tony trying to recruit the X-Men to join his side and Scott basically telling him to go @!#! himself. Mutants were required to register already and all the X-Men were registered, so he couldn't force them to help. So they would just sit back and watch as they had their own problems.

I do agree that the mutant hate as a substitute for racism made good stories, but in a lot of ways made no sense when heroes like the FF and others whose powers came from Magic or Science or whatever were loved.

Also, I never liked Namor is a Mutant. I liked Namor being the "Aquaman" of the Marvel universe, ie Atlantean.

Is Mr Flaming Pumpkin-head making he way to the MCU? Most likely. Yes. 

The 'Doctor Strange' Featurette Reveals the Villains' Plan - and Dormammu's Role!

http://moviepilot.com/posts/4070557

Everything We Know About the Villains of 'Doctor Strange'!
http://moviepilot.com/p/doctor-strange-villains/4068266

Kevin Feige May Have Just Revealed A BIG Spoiler About Doctor Strange...

http://moviepilot.com/posts/3722217#_ga=1.24125882.1208218946.1455472846

thought because of the actress, this might be appropriate here. Just got back from seeing Jack Reacher - never go back. If you liked the first one (I did) you will like this one. The thing that struck me watching it though is that if you ever wanted to see a Cobie Smulders - Maria Hill movie, this might be as close as you get. She was a fun action hero female.