Marvel Cinematic Universe, Phase Three and BEYOOOOONND

Bazza

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess that's good news, especially if it helps my Netflix stock go up in price.

But I found Luke Cage season 1 to be a bit underwhelming, at least compared to Daredevil and Jessica Jones. The villains were low-grade street gangsters who didn't convey a fraction of the power or menace that Wilson Fisk did, or a fraction of the terrifying power that Killgrave possessed.

I liked the Misty Knight character, but I kept thinking that a Misty Knight series would probably be more interesting (to me) than a Luke Cage season 2 unless they really cranked up the action and increased the stakes beyond a single neighborhood in NYC. Sure, DD and JJ take place in Hell's Kitchen, but the threats they dealt with had (and still have in the case of DD) the potential to expand far beyond its streets.

Okay this is a couple of days late. 

The Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 teaser trailer just broke a Marvel record

The clip was viewed 81 million times in 24 hours

You weren’t the only one watching the Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 trailer on repeat over the weekend.

Marvel Studios’ clip has become Disney’s second biggest teaser trailer ever (behind only the studio’s live-action Beauty and the Beastpreview) and the biggest teaser debut ever for a Marvel flick, tallying 81 million views in its first 24 hours of release. 

“No kidding — I’m, like, floored,” writer-director James Gunn wrote in a Facebook post confirming the teaser’s view count. “Thank all of you so very much for watching it (more than once), and sharing it, and welcoming Baby Groot and Mantis with open arms.”

In terms of full-length trailers, fellow Marvel release Captain America: Civil War, which debuted to $179 million in its first weekend at the box office, currently holds the record for most views in a single day for an MCU title, clocking in at 94.7 million views worldwide. Beauty and the Beast claims the record across all studios with 127.6 million views in 24 hours, followed by Fifty Shades Darker (114 million) and Star Wars: The Force Awakens (112 million views).

Am I the only one who actively avoids trailers for films I know I'm going to see anyway?

To me it depends on the movie. If it is something I have read the book of or something, then I will probably watch trailers. Something like this, I am trying to avoid it, though it is difficult.

Guardians of the Galaxy 2 director says Baby Groot was a 'creative change,' not a marketing ploy

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/12/10/guardians-galaxy-2-baby-groot-not-marketing-ploy-james-gunn

Gunn:

This headline really couldn't be any more true. To be honest, when I was first working on the script for Vol. 2 I was planning on it being years after the first movie and for little Groot to be a grown Groot. But there was something missing.

And, secondly, for whatever reason, Groot just wasn't working. It was then I came upon the idea of having Vol. 2 take place very shortly after the first film and for Groot to still be Baby Groot, with quite a lot to learn...this change opened up the whole movie for me and it suddenly all came together. I fell in love with the script for Vol. 2, and I felt like we were creating something very special.

False facts about the Marvel Cinematic Universe you always thought were true

• That Tony's drunken party is out of character
  • That Banner's suicide survival is surprising
  • That Obadiah targets Tony over money
  • That Thor's powers are restored because he dies
  • That the movie chronology is in real time
  • That Loki can naturally control minds
  • That aliens are targeting Earth because of experimental weaponry
  • That Tony is the only Avenger with PTSD
  • That Dr. Strange isn't dangerous before his powers
  • That Scarlet Witch is guilty in Civil War

Some of the reasoning is a bit childish, some are just funny that people think these things, the other are interesting.

One Marvel Superhero We Likely Won't See On Screen Any Time Soon

http://www.cinemablend.com/news/1599450/one-marvel-superhero-we-likely-wont-see-on-screen-any-time-soon

Nova

As James Gunn explains:

You know, I think Nova is a great character. He can definitely show up at some point in the future. It will not be in Guardians 2, but at some point.