Marvel Cinematic Universe, Phase Three and BEYOOOOONND

Bazza

• Replies 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't feel that the worst thing about the suit we're shown is its color scheme. To my eyes, it's the overall design, it's cut if you will. It's just not flattering or attractive. But then, maybe that initial green one is supposed to be some kind of Kree spacesuit, and her supersuit (the blue and red one) will look more appropriately superhero-ish.

9 hours ago, zslane said:

I don't feel that the worst thing about the suit we're shown is its color scheme. To my eyes, it's the overall design, it's cut if you will. It's just not flattering or attractive. But then, maybe that initial green one is supposed to be some kind of Kree spacesuit, and her supersuit (the blue and red one) will look more appropriately superhero-ish.

That was my first thought, that she's wearing a Kree military uniform.

Mark me down as another Monica Rambeau fan.  Loved the costume and the character.

10 hours ago, Bazza said:

Hahaha 

Context:Why Captain Marvel is filming now--$20 mil tax break from California.  https://mcuexchange.com/captain-marvel-filming-january/

With its red/black/white color scheme, I just assumed this was the company producing my EVH Frankenstrat clone (which I named "Warbird"):

full

When overlit it tends towards dark blue (rather than black), and for all we know it will get a shift towards dark blue in the final comp treatment. But it is still too dark with too little color in it for my tastes. Look at all the red mixed in with the silver for Ant-Man's costume. The lack of color in the Wasp costume is highly conspicuous by comparison. I mean, I suppose they are going for contrast between them, but that creates an incongruent break in the design aesthetics of the two suits. Their suits won't visually convey the sense that they are a team; the only common element being the fact that they both wear a helmet.

And are usually bug-sized. ;)

OTOH Hank Pym and Jan Pym/Van Dyne haven't had remotely similar costume designs since the early 1960s. Come to think of it, few comic superhero partners have had matching outfits: not Batman and Robin, Cap and the Falcon, Power Man and Iron Fist, Icon and Rocket, Cloak and Dagger. Green Arrow and Green Lantern were at least the same color. Hawk and Dove were an example of a close thematic/stylistic match, but they were created at the same time to be a duo.

Oh I know, but Hawkeye and Black Widow were given similar blackops uniforms to visually connect them (another nod to their Ultimates incarnations, I feel). Now, it would be a bad idea to make the Ant-Man and Wasp costumes identical (or even nearly so), but they are so different from each other that they don't even look like they come from the same movie/sub-franchise, much less from the same technology (and minds that created it).

"So I take it you didn't have that tech available for me."

"No, I did."

This looks like a lot of fun, very much a sequel to the original Ant-Man in tone and style. Looks like we'll also be getting creative uses of size-changing. (As one person I read today put it, if we thought any superhero would use a Hello Kitty Pez dispenser as a weapon, it would have been Deadpool.) :P