Marvel Cinematic Universe, Phase Three and BEYOOOOONND

Bazza

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think there was a vast over exposure to Venom, and that we didn't need fifty more symbiotes in the Marvel universe, but the basic idea is fine. Cool new suit that boosts Spidey's power level, turns out to be psychotic and jealous alien symbiote. The symbiote then defects to jealous and vengeful Eddie Brock and becomes a super villain. That's really not the worse origin story. And the suit/Eddie crazy talk can be funny. Symbiote-a-palooza went too far, though. Venom should have been used much more sparingly. They did tell some decent Venom stories early on, though.

To get this thread off the topic of Venom.

What are your predictions for Avengers: Infinity War?

I predict that Tony will survive, because RDJ's ego wouldn't have it any other way.

I further predict that Bucky will survive, because Stark needs to work with some he doesn't like in the sequel. In that sequel he will realize that Bucky and the Winter Soldier are two completely different people who once shared the same body. This will allow him to finally find closure regarding his parents, and also to forgive Cap who was right all along.

My next prediction is that Strange will survive and use the time stone to send all the surviving Avengers to the past to set up a Deus Ex Machina that will undo Thanos victory at the end of Infinity War.

And my last prediction is that Cap will not be one of the surviving Avengers.

In three more days we'll see how well I did.

Anybody else have predictions or comments?

24 minutes ago, Pattern Ghost said:

I predict Spider-Man will get his black costume from some cosmic source, setting up Venom's origin story.   :snicker:

This is awkward... how can I tell Pattern Ghost this without spoilering anything... 

( :P )

I predict that no matter what, someone is going to complain about Avengers: IW. And claim it’s the worst movie ever and everyone should boycott it. 

I also predict that that more than likely I won’t see it in the theaters. That is due to time, money and family, not because of the movie itself.  FWIW, I finally saw Wonder Woman about a week ago.

The one non-spoiler review I saw said that it was an epic ride with little depth. Lots of activity, but no story. Lots of character interaction, but no character development (except for Thanos). Part of the problem there may be the fact that this movie is only half of a larger whole. At least the "MCU villain problem" appears to have been solved as Thanos and his Black Order are all business.

So my prediction is that it will get rave reviews from the core MCU fanbase and from superhero/action movie fans in general, but won't as easily impress critics who are always looking for sophisticated story and rich character development in every movie they see.

21 Marvel Villains ranked

Here's the list, because slideshow lists are horrible.

1.  Killmonger

2.  Loki

3.  Adrian Toomes

4.  Hela

5.  Thanos

6.  Winter Soldier

7.  Zemo

8.  Red Skull

9.  Iron Monger

10.  Ultron

11.  Ego

12.  Ulysses Klaue

13.  Alexander Pierce

14.  Aldrich Jillian

15.  Justin Hammer

16.  Kaecilius

17.  Yellowjacket

18.  Ronan

19.  Emil Blonsky

20.  Malekith

21.  Ivan Vanko

I would drop Hela, Red Skull and especially Ultron.  I would raise Kaecilius and Klaue.  Kaecilius didn't have depth but I thought he was a very believable fanatic.