Marvel Cinematic Universe, Phase Three and BEYOOOOONND

Bazza

• Replies 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

27 minutes ago, Greywind said:

Could have sworn I wrote "He's directing the first ep."

You quoted Cassandra's comment about him not being in the cast of the show. It seemed like the script pic was some sort of rebuttal to that.

I think we can all agree that he'll be back and not back until he comes back, at which point we'll all point and say, "Hey, look! Colson's back!"

He wasn't dead at the end of Season 5, but he and May went off to Tahiti (real Tahiti this time) to spend the last few days - weeks if he's lucky - of Coulson's life.

Clark Gregg did not know the plans for Coulson [https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/agents-shield-season-5-finale-explained-is-coulson-dead-clark-gregg-interview-1113016] but did know there was some interest in him remaining involved.  Whether that's only as a Director (i.e. not on screen at all), in flashbacks, or still alive - who knows?  Given May is part of the regular cast, it seems like she either leaves him sitting in Tahiti counting down the clock, or he will have died before the start of Season 6.  Or he gets kidnapped/disappears before his death and gets to be the Season 6 Macguffin

I think one of the reasons I dislike Agents of SHEESH so much is (in addition to it being a huge letdown in terms of concept and kind of boring), it made me not like Agent Coulson any longer.  And he was one of the most likable and interesting new characters the Marvel cinematic universe created. Maybe the ONLY one.

Agents of SHIELD has been considerably better than most of the superhero shows on the CW, which while not saying much maybe, is still something. I agree that it was a disappointment in its core concept, which is to say, I would have preferred it to look and feel more like an amped up Mission Impossible with an updated take on the classic SHIELD field uniforms and gear. But alas, that's just not the MCU's style. Only Daisy Johnson--once she became Quake--spent a lot of time in such an outfit, and she was the only member of the team who looked even remotely lore-appropriate, in my view.

On 7/21/2018 at 6:44 PM, Pattern Ghost said:

Directors aren't part of the cast list for a show. The cast are the ones in front of the camera. (Though I'm betting he does pop back up in some capacity.)

Obi Wan Coulson?

30 minutes ago, zslane said:

Agents of SHIELD has been considerably better than most of the superhero shows on the CW, which while not saying much maybe, is still something. I agree that it was a disappointment in its core concept, which is to say, I would have preferred it to look and feel more like an amped up Mission Impossible with an updated take on the classic SHIELD field uniforms and gear. But alas, that's just not the MCU's style. Only Daisy Johnson--once she became Quake--spent a lot of time in such an outfit, and she was the only member of the team who looked even remotely lore-appropriate, in my view.

To quote Dr. Sheldon Cooper "They gradual lowered the quality so we were happy when it was gone."

9 minutes ago, Bazza said:

You must mean like Arrowverse. The writing on Supergirl is so bad I can't finish the season. 

Well, not the whole Arrowverse.  Season 1 of Black Lightning was good enough that I want to see season 2, and I am willing to give Batwoman a try.