Marvel Cinematic Universe, Phase Three and BEYOOOOONND

Bazza

I think it is an open question whether GotG3 will use Gunn's existing screenplay or not.

Disney is hypocritical about a great many things, and we are all certainly free to despise them on that basis (I certainly do). However, no one is likely to summon enough rhetorical power to shame them into reversing their decision on firing Gunn. Nor is all the backlash likely to hurt them financially in the long run, so while Goldthwait's ragequit play probably feels good to him and will get a good twenty four hours worth of attention, he will just get lost in the noise like everyone else who ever publicly shook their fists in fury at Disney over the decades.

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Christopher R Taylor said:

Nothing James Woods has tweeted even comes remotely close to what Gunn posted.  And again, I'm confident that we'll be hearing more about this man's, er, proclivities in the future.  Better to get ahead of that if you're Disney.

This... I keep wondering if there is just more in the background that is simmering out there, and Disney is getting ahead of it, so when Gunn gets hit with some much more serious accusations, it isn't their problem. Who knows... maybe not... but it just seems like Disney knows or suspects something deeper and more current. Then again, his original tweets were really bad, so...

And even though Gunn's pedophelia jokes are nearly a decade old, they resurfaced because of his very recent political rants. As wonderfully creative as this guy is, there's a point at which his need to be an aggressive voice of online social activism changes the calculus of his worth to a company like Disney.

On 8/6/2018 at 11:31 PM, Pattern Ghost said:

If they use Gunn's script, then Gunn's name goes in the credits. I doubt if they'd do that after ousting him based on their claimed values. So, I guess no more Drax.

On 8/8/2018 at 2:49 PM, Bazza said:

I'm done predicting outcomes on this one.

Though technically, I only expressed doubts. :D

I'm guessing they were. I can't see Feige being okay with this decision, as Gunn figured heavily in Marvel's future plans. He would be trying to get Gunn rehired, or at least a compromise now that the Guardians main cast have come out in support. 

10 hours ago, Pattern Ghost said:

3 hours ago, Lord Liaden said:

If discussions of that nature were going to be held, they should have been when the resurrected tweets were first publicized. If one or more Disney execs made a snap decision, they deserve the crap they've stepped in.

So....they may be thinking they were too quick to pull the trigger on Gunn?

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary says that ideally one should be quite sure before firing any Gunn

Just now, Lord Liaden said:

I need input from Venom fans as to whether this looks good or not. I loathe the character, so I'm in no position to judge.

I thought he was interesting in the first year he came out, then he got over played and Mary Sued and dull fast imo. So I can't judgee by more than that but it seems a lot like lines and behavior seen in some comics I've read.

Others would know more.

I think it says everything that I can say about Venom in that it came out of the original Secret Wars. Despise the character and hate most things that were "changed" in the Marvel Universe from that point on (Kitty and Colossos breakup, alteration of the FF, Symbiote Spiderman).

7 hours ago, Pattern Ghost said:

I totally scooped you on that by seven hours, and you're a day ahead of me. You're off your game, Bazza! :P

Will this do, it's two days old?

ABC In Talks For Another Marvel Series, Net’s Boss On Life Without Shonda Rhimes & Kenya Barris In the Fold – TCA

https://deadline.com/2018/08/abc-boss-another-marvel-series-life-without-shonda-rhimes-in-the-fold-tca-1202442165/

Comment: Power Pack would be a good fit.