Marvel Cinematic Universe, Phase Three and BEYOOOOONND

Bazza

• Replies 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, he'd probably even comment that he has to watch his language because he's in a PG-13 movie.

Yeah, it woudd be easy to turn that into a humorous Deadpool thing, him recognizing where he is and what he can't say or do.  A lot of his charm is the "delusion" that he's in a comic book (or movie)

I don't think Gunn was the only director on the planet who could make an enjoyable GotG movie.

He might be the only one who could make one as enjoyable as the first one but there are probably a couple of dozen who could make one as good as the second movie, which was a substantial step down in quality.

Edited by archer
victim of internet hoax

Saying that only Gunn is qualified to make a good GotG movie is like saying only George Lucas is (was) qualified to make a good Star Wars movie, which would have been the prevailing attitude in 1979 if fandom had a voice back then like they do now. Another director (Kershner) came along to prove otherwise, and that could happen here as well.

Hell, this has happened in the MCU already. After the success of the first Avengers movie, everyone believed that only Joss Whedon should direct the others. Then Age of Ultron came out and the seeds of doubt were sown. Then along came the Russo brothers and everyone was saying, "Joss who?" Now I'm not saying that GotG2 was a disappointment akin to Age of Ultron, but there are plenty of fans who see a slight downward trajectory there nonetheless. Giving GotG3 to another director may not actually be the worst thing that could happen to the franchise. It might not be ideal, per se, but I don't think it's the end of the world (or the franchise).

The confusing thing for me about the Guardians of the Galaxy movies is that they really aren't heroic at all and there's no real guarding going on.  They're just a bunch of thieves and rogues who get into whacky high jinks.  Its an interesting and fun pair of movies if you shut your brain off, but I don't see how that fits into the Marvel Comics universe in any way.

If he didn't want pictures coming out of him at a pedophilia-themed party,

Umm, what?

Its hard to find on Google or any other search engine for... reasons I guess but here's one.

After a certain point you have to wonder when it stops being just jokes and becomes a pattern.  Especially with what else we know about Hollywood's METOO problems.