[Police brutality] American injustice, yet again.

Ragitsu

What are the odds that a taser will send someone with a weak heart/pacemaker into cardiac arrest?

Fairly low, but it happens. Tasers are less lethal, rather than non-lethal IMO.

Death or serious injury can also result from the subsequent fall.

Edit: Here's a link. It has numbers and stuff. I got it from the internet, and my computer never lies, so this must be good data. :D

http://electronicvillage.blogspot.com/2009/05/taser-related-deaths-in-united-states.html

Here we see an officer comparing  his gun to a bbgun he took from a school yard fight.

Which is why, when I was fairly heavily into airsoft, our group was pretty militant about having members follow transportation rules for real steel firearms--in a case, preferably locked, unless you were indoors at home or on the field. We made it very clear that waving a real-looking gun around in public was likely to result in a real gunfight with real cops, and deservedly so.

Unfortunately the police mindset, at best, seems to be that any held object looks like a gun, and any movement of the hands looks like "reaching for the waistband". At worst, cops are killing with impunity and trotting these excuses out as a matter of routine to deflect discipline.

At worst, cops are killing with impunity and trotting these excuses out as a matter of routine to deflect discipline.

You are more generous than I if you think this is the worst case scenario. To me it just seems like the most plausible. 

Too many police like being able to kill too many people with impunity. 

La Rose. 

Not to interrupt, saw this today. 

On the one hand, we have a problem in this country with...well just about everyone.

On the other, it's not easy to be a cop. 

Here we see an officer comparing  his gun to a bbgun he took from a school yard fight. 

g13V6we.jpg

I had one something like that 20 years ago. It could hold 20 bbs or 1 pellet. Cocked like the real thing also. Lived in the country and its purpose was keeping dogs/coyotes away from the sheep pasture.

Nowadays, I would think twice before letting my son have one like that.

I had one something like that 20 years ago. It could hold 20 bbs or 1 pellet. Cocked like the real thing also. Lived in the country and its purpose was keeping dogs/coyotes away from the sheep pasture.

Nowadays, I would think twice before letting my son have one like that.

They're not supposed to be that realistic anymore.  They should have some bright orange part on them, so you can tell it's not a real gun.  Heck they had to recolor a reissue of G1 Megatron for that reason.