[Police brutality] American injustice, yet again.

Ragitsu

Yeah, I am sure that they will bring up that tip they got about how the kid that just publically schooled them just happened to have drugs or something in his car. Kinda like how that one cop happened to say the guy he just murdered stole his tazer.

I believe cops even less than I can throw them. Unless they have unedited video evidence it is generally safer to assume they are lieing.

La Rose.

I always thought the motto of American police was "To Protect & Serve" and not "To Play Ball while on Duty and Be Cool (kinda, sorta, in a pitiful way)".

And they forgot the following things:

1) If you want to get into good relations with the kids in the neighborhood,  belittling them playing ball by "talking trash" is NOT the way to do it.

2) If you then get challenged to a ball game, do that OFF DUTY. A cop in uniform throwing a ball and getting sweaty is not exactly an image of authority.

3) If you play you can lose.

4) If you lose today, you'll find that spead on you tube and what-not because people in Afghanistan, Patagonia and Moscow South MUST KNOW what happend in your beighbors backyard, the corner next block or you sister's room. Decency IS DEAD!

5) If you win or lose, thank them for a good game and invite everybody to a coke. Be a good sport.

6) If the kids would like to play again, consider it. But don't force them to play with you. Act like an adult.

And if you did not do the aforementioned, carry your incompetence like a man and don't try to cover it by abusing the power given to you by law to serve the public - not your own damged (and probably quite tiny) ego.

Well, today's America it seems that the kid can count himself lucky that they did not gun him down for "cheating" at the game while using a taser and fould language.

Reading all this really makes we looking forward to my holiday in the States this summer. Well, flights not booked yet. Will see. German politics and public affairs suck too but at least I don't have to spend 3T to feel miserable and alienated.

I think it is okay and maybe best if cops take five or ten minutes to shoot some hoops. It shows that they can shoot things other than young black boys for once. It humanizes them with the community that they are meant to protect and serve. That way the next time they actually need to do work in that community they won't be seen as potential murders who are above the law but as Joe, the donaught loving fat cop who can't shoot worth crap. And that is a far better image. Now if only the cops could get thay through their sugar incrusted brains. Well that plus the idea that they need to stop stealing, lying, raping and murdering people just because they can.

La Rose.

Wait a minute! Our favorite German leftist is coming stateside on vacation? Where? What part of our beautiful republic will you be visiting, so we can buy you inadequate beer, something we call a bratwurst that isn't really one, and show you historical landmarks that are only a few centuries old at most?

And maybe a pick-up game of hero somewhere in there.

Wait a minute! Our favorite German leftist is coming stateside on vacation? Where? What part of our beautiful republic will you be visiting, so we can buy you inadequate beer, something we call a bratwurst that isn't really one, and show you historical landmarks that are only a few centuries old at most?

And maybe a pick-up game of hero somewhere in there.

Well, just yesterday I kinda, sorta called the friend I always stay with - and what can I say: I just can't withstand his Kentucky-Yinzer charm. So, Pittsburgh, Pa it is. A "program" I have none. basically I will walk around, visit old places and old friends from way back (first time in Pittsburgh was in 1994 and this will be my 10th vacation there) and have a good time doing nothing much. Maybe I'll rent a car and drive around some.

So, anyone near Pittsburgh? If I 'll bring a pound of dice and haymaker away!

We got one of those. The border with Mexico. It's a little different because the flux trying to get through is in the opposite sense, and there isn't as much heavy ordnance emplaced, but it's similar enough to make you feel all nostalgic.

Police departments really need to re-think how they deploy Tasers. This stuff happens too often. Give a guy a less lethal option that's shaped like, and fires like, his lethal option, and is carried on the same belt . . . what can possibly go wrong?