[Police brutality] American injustice, yet again.

Ragitsu

Cop sues NYPD, claims locker vandalized after blowing whistle on quotas

A cop charges that his locker was plastered with pictures of a police union boss after he blew the whistle on an NYPD quota system, a new lawsuit charges.

Adhyl Polanco, who is Latino, says he first complained to the media in 2009 about how arrest and summons quotas impact communities of color.

That earned him a bad reputation among his colleagues, and sometime after October 2014 his locker was vandalized with pictures of Patrolmen’s Benevolent Association President Pat Lynch, he charges in a new suit in Brooklyn Federal Court. 

An officer at the 94th Precinct in Brooklyn, Steven Trugilio, allegedly called Polanco a “fu----- bi---” in January, his suit claims.

Polanco is also among a dozen black and Latino officers who filed a separate class action suit against the city and Commissioner Bill Bratton Monday, charging an internal quota system forces them to make “discriminatory and unwarranted” arrests against people in their own communities.

Cops block paramedics, later claim prisoner hanged himself, prisoner wakes up from coma and denies hanging himself.  Oops.

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/09/st-louis-man-jailed-for-minor-traffic-violations-left-comatose-after-officers-blocked-paramedics/

Yeah, attempted murder by law enforcement...  or so it sure as hell seems

I lay odds they'll get an 'expert' who claims the prisoner did hang himself, but doesn't remember it due to oxygen loss

Not as jazzy as shooting walls and beating up people. This article has little to do with the cops on the beat so much as it has to do with Bureaucracy, and let's face it, money. 

Here in Portland we have 1000's of Rape Kits that have gone untested.  Apparently, this is pretty common and our politicians and police commissioners made angry vows to get through them after a teenager was raped and murdered and they caught they guy by going through kits that had backed up. Apparently it's too expensive to have the kits tested. So they sit.

Not only in Portland though.

USA Today Story from the 17th. 

And the Oh crap, we've been caught, better spend some money to make the bad publicity go away story from September 11th

Anyway, I hoped to keep all the Police stories localized.

• 2 weeks later...

The Ferguson case was no-billed the a grand jury. Not sure what the prosecutor would have to do with it. I'm also not convinced that was the wrong call. The officer's story adds up with the physical evidence as far as I can tell.

The Ferguson case was no-billed by a grand jury opened by a prosecutor making the false claim that it was legal for cops to shoot suspects in the back.  Regardless of the merits of the case, the prosecutor clearly had no intention of seriously scrutinizing any defense put up by a police officer for shooting a suspect.  

The Ferguson case was no-billed by a grand jury opened by a prosecutor making the false claim that it was legal for cops to shoot suspects in the back.  Regardless of the merits of the case, the prosecutor clearly had no intention of seriously scrutinizing any defense put up by a police officer for shooting a suspect.  

You know you're responding to something that was posted last year, right? In the meantime, I've looked at that bit some more and I agree the prosecutor was out of line.

To everyone who has ever said 9 out of 10 cops are good: Okay fine, I'll give you that for the sake of argument. That, however, is not an excuse to let the 1 out of 10 who are sh*tbags just run amok without suffering any meaningful consequences for their misdeeds. Don't kid yourselves; bad cops, if left unchecked, will endanger the lives of good cops as well as the those of citizens. Bank on it.