[Police brutality] American injustice, yet again.

Ragitsu

The problem with nunchaku is that they're incredibly lethal.  You can break a cinder block with one and you don't need to know kung fu flashy flippity technique to do it.  They're "blunt", and there's some binding type things you can do with one that would be somewhat useful in police work*, but the OCV penalty combined with the sneakily high damage is just asking for unintended consequences.

* Of course, the chokes that you can apply with the nunchaku are also deceptively lethal.

At least the County/Sheriff's Department asked the State Police to handle the investigation instead of doing it themselves.  Oh, wait, these are the same State Police that are currently being sued by former employees who claim they suffered official, sanctioned retaliation for not cooperating in a cover-up...

Sounds like a standard felony traffic stop. The error wasn't with the officers, it was with the person who made the data entry error. We did the exact same thing when a plate came back as stolen when I was an MP, or when the driver had felony warrants.

From the article:

Nonetheless, the lone occupant of the Ford Fusion — Michael Houser, who works as a special assistant to Sharon Sobol, County Executive Armond Budish's Chief of Staff — was handcuffed and kept inside his vehicle for ten minutes.

So, it only took ten minutes to sort out the error. No mention that the guy was handled roughly at all. No brutality here.

At least the County/Sheriff's Department asked the State Police to handle the investigation instead of doing it themselves.  Oh, wait, these are the same State Police that are currently being sued by former employees who claim they suffered official, sanctioned retaliation for not cooperating in a cover-up...

And the two sh*theads who shot the rancher get a paid vacation while their buddies at the department play CYA for them. Just lovely. :rolleyes:

Wow. She has the Taser and her service weapon in hand at the same time? Moronic. Either she's disregarding her training, or the training needs a serious review. I hope the family gets a huge negligent death settlement at the very least, with a court-ordered review on the department's training attached if possible.

Edit: Watching the video w/out sound, I'd assumed she pulled the pistol trigger either as a sympathetic action to pulling the Taser trigger or just pulled the wrong trigger. Seems like she deliberately shot him, though. I can see her claiming that to avoid a wrongful death shooting civil suit, but from other accounts, there was a four second pause between shots, so . . . the idiot actually shot the guy on purpose? Sheesh.

Wow. She has the Taser and her service weapon in hand at the same time? Moronic. Either she's disregarding her training, or the training needs a serious review. I hope the family gets a huge negligent death settlement at the very least, with a court-ordered review on the department's training attached if possible.

Edit: Watching the video w/out sound, I'd assumed she pulled the pistol trigger either as a sympathetic action to pulling the Taser trigger or just pulled the wrong trigger. Seems like she deliberately shot him, though. I can see her claiming that to avoid a wrongful death shooting civil suit, but from other accounts, there was a four second pause between shots, so . . . the idiot actually shot the guy on purpose? Sheesh.

What caps off this story to me, so far, is her attitude when she tries to defend herself: she comes off more as someone strongly annoyed that they were given a speeding ticket than an individual genuinely remorseful that they caused a death. Maybe many years on the force inured her to such emotions, but it's depressing all the same.

That sounds like a terrible and disgusting story. I am glad those two officers were arrested and charged. I am curious what will happen with the other two. Likewise, I really want to hear what happened in full. 

Foreign Orchid. 

This was not too far from my area.   Radio news (NPR, Not commercial) sounded as if he tried to  prevent them from putting the animal down, and shots were fired both directions.   Time will probably tell.   

Are gladitorial bare handed battles yo the death with bears still illegal? I know a couple murderers Id like to see on TV that way...

On a more serious note, I hope both of those horrid wretches are charged, tried, and found guilty. And perhaps never see the light of day again.

SOAR.