[Police brutality] American injustice, yet again.

Ragitsu

So, we have a fat and worthless POS come up upon a major accident with his gun drawn? That right there should mean he is on desk duty or suspended. He then fires upon a guy without even the slightest concern for what the heck he is doing. That should mean he is getting arrested. He then neglects to tell the operator that he just fired on someone and instead says that the man he just shot inside is just refusing to get out - Even discounting the fact that the guy probably couldn't move at that moment (Just shot in the neck!), he would have good reason to stay in the car - there is a crazy man with a gun outside of it! Then he completely neglects to mention / lies about the shooting despite it being an absolutely critical piece of information. 

Maybe we can all get some Christmas joy this year by learning of that man having a heart attack from eating too many bacon burgers and being put out of commission for police work. Normally I would simply hope that a bad guy gets arrested and sent to jail, but this is the United Police States of America. We'd be lucky if that POS doesn't shoot, rape, or rob other people before the end of the year!

Soar. 

looks like somone fired reactively when the taser fired...    I am pretty sure i  could see it in the air...   I could not tell who fired the gunshots.   I think this was a bad shooting, but I think the commentator is an idiot.    Like almost everything else I have heard from that group.    

Are there any reports on what REALLY happened?  Any information about the after shooting investigation?  

http://www.actionnewsnow.com/news/da-plays-dash-cam-video-in-accidental-shooting-no-charges-will-be-filed/

"Accidental" shooting.

Damn. The way the driver just collapses is sickening.

sounds like there should have been charges filed, the failure to mention the shooting should be grounds for that right there.   kind of looked to me like (two?) shots deliberately fired, and no mention on the radio of the shooting...  I interpret it differently than the investigators, I thought the "stutter step" was for a more stable firing position...        And when he was leaning over the car, I think he was thinking "OH GOD, what did I just do?   How am I going to get out of this?    

THIS I call an attempted execution.      

now, I  think in a JUST world, the driver should have eventually been executed for the murder of his wife, but this is not anything resembling an act of justice.  

as for the driver,  vehicular manslaughter charges are, imo, the LEAST that he should face.  , but I tend to believe drunk drivers who injure or kill others should be treated as having used lethal weapons with premeditation.  In other words, first degree murder.    

Fired one shot? I'm not so sure. I watched that like five or six times and it looked like two shots to me. Even if it was an unintentional shooting (doesn't look like it), the gun shouldn't have been out at that stage.

I thought it looked like two also.   Having the gun out, I can see, but...   Not necessarily aimed at the subject...  

It could be my imagination, but it does seem that when it comes to charging the police, they don't go for the 'lesser crimes'. Its either premeditated murder or nada... 'cop tried for assault' or 'negligent homicide' is something I don't see very often. It seems they review stuff, decide it wasn't willful preplanned evil...so.. you know, no harm no foul...

which as me going 'what?'

Because when most citizens are arrested, prosecution tends to pile up on a many different levels of charges so if you escape one, you still might get busted on the other

That's intentional.  For the trial I sat on in January, the prosecutor had video evidence of the accused beating up one of his "employees".  But she declined to press a charge for regular assault (with a one year sentence) as it was covered by one of the sex assault charges (which had a longer sentence).  As it happens, we gave the guy a pass on the sex assault charges for lack of evidence, but the sex trafficking charge got him twenty years.

Conversely, prosecutors are charging police with capital crimes when they know they won't be found guilty.  The textbook example is the Laquan McDonald execution, where Chicago prosecutor Anita Alvarez finally charged office Jason Van Dyke with first degree murder.  That looks like a tough charge, but she knows he can get out of it on lack of premeditation or perceived risk to others.  He might still be found guilty of a lesser charge, although I doubt it, but police shootings are controversial and the bigger charge has better optics in the press.

It could be my imagination, but it does seem that when it comes to charging the police, they don't go for the 'lesser crimes'. Its either premeditated murder or nada... 'cop tried for assault' or 'negligent homicide' is something I don't see very often. It seems they review stuff, decide it wasn't willful preplanned evil...so.. you know, no harm no foul...

which as me going 'what?'

Because when most citizens are arrested, prosecution tends to pile up on a many different levels of charges so if you escape one, you still might get busted on the other

As John Does and Jane Does, that is a very frustrating legal tactic to see employed.

Did I mention my faith in the system is shot?

Yeah, I probably did. Though I admit, I'm at least pasty and have middle class connections (though a poor boy myself)

If I were a lower income black male in his 20s in this country and given a choice between a jury trial and gladiatorial combat, I'd probably ask if I had choice of weapons...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm sure it was traumatic. I suggest said individual avoid his triggers in the future by never being a cop again, never holding a gun again, and never being in a position of life or death again if he can possibly help it.

A nice position of no authority.  In solitary confinement because general population would be torture and murder.  

Not surprising, unfortunately. There are cities these days where the cops will hassle you for handing out sandwiches and chips to the homeless, as members of a church charity group in my area found out the hard way. That's right, feeding the homeless could land you in the back of a squad car.