[Police brutality] American injustice, yet again.

Ragitsu

I shouldn't have read that; I'm really angry now.

Well, I glanced at that, and I was mad too.  But I looked at another article and it isn't quite as rage-inducing as the linked article made it sound.

Molesty cop was still bound over for trial on one of the charges.  Likely the kid couldn't give specific enough info on the other two counts.  Sounds like the dad couldn't control his temper during the hearing, and continued to yell and cuss even after being told to leave.  Now I have no idea who this judge is, or how he is to practice in front of, but most judges give people ample warning before finding them in contempt.  Even someone with a legit reason to be angry has to keep their composure in court.

• 2 weeks later...

More prosecution abuse of law than anything but as the police help enact it.... it's nice to see someone fighting back

Lawmaker calls for new law limiting 'detainment of witnesses' 

The DOJ has long used "material witness" rules as heavy-handed means of extorting people into cooperating.

Its frequent and egregious enough to be termed "color of law" (IMO).

However, the department responsible for prosecuting such abuses is... the DOJ. 

Thank you for  the correction.

Not a correction, really. The only people who can "police" the executive (incl. DOJ) are lawmakers.

Your linked article is about a lawmaker raising concerns about how the DOJ (federal prosecutors) are conducting themselves.

Of note, the National Security Division prosecutors. 

Interesting commentary on the Mearkle shooting. This is the middle-aged guy that was shot after he was Tased to the ground. I think it was posted upthread. (Markle was the cop, though, not the victim.) I think he's a bit off the mark on number 3, especially considering the officer was alone, but some good points are raised.

Interesting commentary on the Mearkle shooting. This is the middle-aged guy that was shot after he was Tased to the ground. I think it was posted upthread. (Markle was the cop, though, not the victim.) I think he's a bit off the mark on number 3, especially considering the officer was alone, but some good points are raised.

Linked sight has some good links to other cases.

• 2 weeks later...

“He’s under arrest, ma’am,” an officer tells her.

“Yeah I know — can you, like, keep him under arrest out where he can breathe?” she responds.

“He’s been fighting us for like 20 minutes,” an officer says.

“Oh you poor baby,” the woman answers.

I tease Texas, but they do Sarcasm well

• 2 weeks later...

The South is plagued by these things.

Plague... yeah, good choice of words I think. Maybe something along the lines of syphilis. You know, back when the Europeans first encountered it before they had any natural immunity to it, and it raced through populations leaving death and madness in its wake.  Yeah, that sort of plague. 

• 4 weeks later...