[Police brutality] American injustice, yet again.

Ragitsu

While I understand why "All Lives Matter" may strike  some as mostly a way to dismiss concerns of minorities, I'm not a big fan of Black Lives Matter either. Sympathetic, but not a fan.

But if Black Lives Matter doesn't condemn this openly and publicly (And I hope they already have and I missed it) then I'm going to think even less of them, and they will, in my mind, lose a great deal of any claim to a moral high ground

EDIT: Whoa, Protest Organizers just just condemned the attack and extended consultations to the lost officers and family

yeah, the All Lives Matter response is pretty stupid. Because the implication has never been, "Only" Black Lives Matter, but rather Black Lives Matter "As Well." 

In the media it's always us vs them with a throw away line about being in this together.

Philando Castle. Told the cop he had a CCP, got shot dead. Where's the NRA on this? Crickets. It's almost as if some gun owners lives matter to them and some don't.

Took too long, but there are some statements coming out

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3680211/It-doesn-t-look-good-NRA-podcast-host-breaks-silence-police-shooting-reported-legal-gun-owner-Philando-Castile-accused-racial-bias.html

Cam Edwards, host of the Cam&Co podcast, told listeners on Thursday: 'What we know does not look good. Our right to keep and bear arms is not based on the color of our skin.' 

Here's what I found interesting.

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/dallas-police-ambush/dallas-police-used-robot-bomb-kill-ambush-suspect-mayor-n605896

Police in Dallas used a robot with an explosive device to kill a suspect involved in a coordinated ambush against officers.

"We saw no other option but to use our bomb robot and place a device on its extension for it to detonate where the suspect was," Rawlings told reporters. "Other options would have exposed our officers in grave danger."

Peter W. Singer, a technological warfare expert and author of "Wired For War," told NBC News that using mobile robots — or MARCbots (Multi-Function Agile Remote-Controlled) — to detonate explosives was documented during the early days of the Iraq War — but it's not something he has heard of in domestic policing.

"Yes, this is 1st use of robot in this way in policing. Marcbot has been ad hoc used this way by troops in Iraq."

Ladies and Gentlemen, we now have precedent for lethal use of drones in policing.

EDIT: I should have said lethal use of robots, as this robot didn't fly and had no autonomy, even for movement. It also wasn't designed for or originally purchased for lethal intent. So we have a few more lines in the sand to cross before ED-209 or even Reaper drones conducting domestic patrols.

It probably would be a good idea to change the name to Black Lives Matter Too, just to clear up any confusion. Of course, I think some folks were willfully misinterpreting the meaning in bad faith. The same way the actions of individuals at protests get portrayed as wholly planned or fully sanctioned by BLM. It's not exactly a top down organization.

The Black Lives Matters protest in Portland (the whitest of large cities) swerved into a bit of fright when a someone pulled a gun.

Fortunately, he was apprehended without incident. 

And of course, he was white. He "felt threatened" by people at the Protest.

http://www.kgw.com/news/crime/man-with-gun-at-portland-protest-charged-with-2-felonies/267984309

Philando Castle. Told the cop he had a CCP, got shot dead. Where's the NRA on this? Crickets. It's almost as if some gun owners lives matter to them and some don't.

I am only One NRA member, but I have raised the issue.   

Murder.   Today I read that the officers stood around talking to the shooter and left him without medical attention.   Somehow I doubt they will be adequately prosecuted. 

Here's what I found interesting.

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/dallas-police-ambush/dallas-police-used-robot-bomb-kill-ambush-suspect-mayor-n605896

Ladies and Gentlemen, we now have precedent for lethal use of drones in policing.

EDIT: I should have said lethal use of robots, as this robot didn't fly and had no autonomy, even for movement. It also wasn't designed for or originally purchased for lethal intent. So we have a few more lines in the sand to cross before ED-209 or even Reaper drones conducting domestic patrols.

This really bugs me.  I do not understand the reasoning, although he apparently claimed he had IEDs.   Ordinarily, as I understand it, Such standoffs are maintained as long as possible.   

I do not understand this.  Particularly because I believe bomb disposal robots can often be fitted with a 12 ga shotgun to "disrupt" explosive devises.  THis would have seemed adequate to me... 

A bomb???

Personally, I don't believe any details that come out of these types of stories when they're news. Actual facts tend to surface long after the media tires of the story, so you usually have to dig them up.

As for the NRA. Why should they comment? We know next to nothing about that case at this point. The governor immediately calling it racist should be recalled. Completely irresponsible.

Personally, I don't believe any details that come out of these types of stories when they're news. Actual facts tend to surface long after the media tires of the story, so you usually have to dig them up.

As for the NRA. Why should they comment? We know next to nothing about that case at this point. The governor immediately calling it racist should be recalled. Completely irresponsible.

He was shot for telling the police he had a gun.  No evidence that he was planning to use it on anybody, he just said he had one.  Then they gunned him down as if a man saying that he had something that the 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States says he's allowed to have was some sort of crime.  Seems like something the NRA ought to be getting up in arms about.

He was shot for telling the police he had a gun.  No evidence that he was planning to use it on anybody, he just said he had one.  Then they gunned him down as if a man saying that he had something that the 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States says he's allowed to have was some sort of crime.  Seems like something the NRA ought to be getting up in arms about.

That's what I understood the situation to be too. I hope the NRA does indeed show consistency in how it would support a gunowner of any color. I don't always like the NRA, but one at least hopes they don't fall into the trap of "All animals are equal, some are more equal than others" 

I'm glad you have all the facts. Were you involved in the investigation?