[Police brutality] American injustice, yet again.

Ragitsu

2 hours ago, csyphrett said:

Looking at this again, what was he doing that was so dangerous in a strip mall parking lot they rush him with weapons drawn? Was he jaywalking too fast?

CES

That's not something we can answer;  the police may have had reason.  Constructing such really isn't hard.

But I agree with your point there.  The officer on the left is getting ready to cuff;  everything is fine.  THEN the thug  with a badge behind the suspect slams a foot into the guy's back with NO provocation that we can see.  Depending on why the stop was made in the first place?  That kick makes me feel that anything small, should flat out be thrown out of court.  The kicking thug should be fired as soon as possible, and I'm fine if he gets charged with battery.  At the VERY least, the escalation was grossly premature and excessive.

Trying to seize the phone shows a culture problem.  It'd be prima facie obstruction...except of course, it was (I assume) another cop.  So it MIGHT result in a suspension for that cop, but beyond that...nothing.

21 minutes ago, Lord Liaden said:

The behavior of police in many jurisdictions in America has simply used up all the public's goodwill and benefit of the doubt. Whatever the circumstances of a particular incident, the majority of Americans are too fed up to keep buying excuses.

Why focus on the cut of the beef when it's from a rotten carcass?

On 8/1/2020 at 1:00 PM, TrickstaPriest said:

When the only tool you rely on is violence, violence is the only outcome you can have. Why pay tax dollars to have violent thugs roam the streets? There is every appearance that defunding this department by 50% would improve public safety by 100%

I heard the "tiktiktik of a taser, also who tries to grab evidence? Criminals, or "honest" people? Grabbing the phone is likely a violation of civil rights under "color of law"(tit. 18 I believe) No part of this assault shows any cause. I'm guessing this is standard opperating procedure for these yahoos.

On 7/27/2020 at 11:43 AM, ScottishFox said:

Meanwhile at the federal courthouse protests in Portland the AP has done some brilliant journalism.  They put a reporter in the crowd AND one in the building so they could get both perspectives on what is happening.

Seriously great work.

The article:  https://apnews.com/1dd1bb39093a3691f4e78093787ab877

Some thoughts from the AP reporter inside the courthouse:

image.png.89ab830ba530c6a1425f4d3d079a4ef6.png

At the rate this is escalating I wouldn't be surprised to see live ammo fired at the protesters soon. 

They are doing real - in some cases permanent - damage to the federal officers who are inside the structure.

Honestly, I can't believe the level of restraint that has been shown so far.  This attack on the courthouse has been going on for weeks.

Now that the feds are gone, the violence has left with them. Who was the threat? They seem to wear camo and no name tags.

2 hours ago, pinecone said:

When the only tool you rely on is violence, violence is the only outcome you can have. Why pay tax dollars to have violent thugs roam the streets? There is every appearance that defunding this department by 50% would improve public safety by 100%

I listened to this again. He says kneel and then kicks. Not kneel, wait wait wait, Kick. kneel, kick.

CES 

2 hours ago, csyphrett said:

I listened to this again. He says kneel and then kicks. Not kneel, wait wait wait, Kick. kneel, kick.

CES 

Doesn't sound like it.  To me, he's moving into the kick as he *says* kneel.  The kick doesn't contact beforehand, but it is in progress.

Which, of course, is worse.

2 hours ago, unclevlad said:

Doesn't sound like it.  To me, he's moving into the kick as he *says* kneel.  The kick doesn't contact beforehand, but it is in progress.

Which, of course, is worse.

I don't think he could kneel. Pinecone is right. He is tased first, then commanded to kneel as he is getting kicked. How is he going to kneel when he is being electrocuted.

CES 

Okay, he shouldn't imply Washington becoming a slaveowner at 11 was just what he asked for his birthday.

His dad died. He became man of the house, so he owned the slaves and not his mom.

Much darker, Washington made part of his dentures from slave teeth. He did pay them, but below market rate and the slaves couldn't say no.

8 hours ago, Sociotard said:

Okay, he shouldn't imply Washington becoming a slaveowner at 11 was just what he asked for his birthday.

Sometimes, he just says stuff for the laughs.

I found some of the other material more interesting. Like 1950's Karen at 21:20.

Washington, though, was also one of those opposed to abolishing slavery when the Constitution was originally drawn up.

16 minutes ago, pinecone said:

If you have breathing issues might want to seal up as best as can. Clouds of tear gas seem to appear at random......

A ("The"?) voice was even closer an hour ago. I wonder if the helicopters faintly droning away have anything to do with the demonstration. Oh, there was a random (non-amplified) shout just now.