Arena: General Discussion

Logan D. Hurricanes

Well, unless a miracle saves Black Adam, it looks like I shall be facing Lady Pariah for the finals. It shall be our second week of rumbles, and I do not look forward to it for she has some mean old meanie heads who will try to take my crown.

I need the crown

It distracts from my bald spot

But I shall do my best to go down fighting if I must go down at all

In honor of the upcoming finals, here are the relevant BBB and LAUGH team members from my chess collection:

BBB%20LAUGH_zpsnx3caooz.jpg

This would make a great tag-team match, methinks!

GA and Hawkeye are pawns, Thor a Bishop, and Aquaman a Rook; chesswise, LAUGH has the advantage.

May the evil D12 look kindly upon you both!

Ok, folks, this is it! We're approaching championship week featuring returning champion Hermit and LAUGH vs. unflinching newcomer Lady Pariah and Big, Blonde, and Beautiful! Let's break it down and look at the tape.

LAUGH won all five weeks and has a good store of points saved up. In addition, he has unexpected powerhouse Aquaman and weaponized cuteness in Mary Marvel leading the way. They're backed up by the tactical genius of Nightwing and the raw power of Star Sapphire. He's been in the championships before, so experience is on his side. He also handed BB&B their single loss.

BB&B walked through most of her competition on the way to the finals. Leading her team is League MVP Karnilla aided by the People's Champion, Thor, who won two matches in the semi-finals. Her second line stars Captain Mar-Vell  and mentalist Saturn Girl. he met Hermit in the arena once already and her experience will be invaluable in preparing for him this time. And let's not forget the ace up her sleeve as she has last season's runner-up playing adviser. And she's got the better archer.

It's a great match-up and here's where they'll face off:

Monday (tag team): Santa's Village at Lake Arrowhead
Tuesday: Otford Manor 
Wednesday: The Redwood National Park
Thursday (if necessary): The Okefenokee Swamp
Friday (if necessary): Crown City Coliseum

Their points are as follows:

LAUGH:   71
BB&B:      31*

It doesn't get bigger than this, people! Will LAUGH keep the treasured Streaky Cup in their possession, or will BB&B manage an upset? It's up to you voters!

*New rule I instituted after last season, but didn't want to announce for fear of altering spending. I agree that it does seem unfair to force extra spending playing more matches in the playoffs, but at the same time those who win early should still have an advantage because of that. So now there's a playoff buffer. Any team forced to play more games in the playoffs will receive half of the points spent in those extra matches back.

Monday (tag team): Santa's Village at Lake Arrowhead

Tuesday: Otford Manor 

Wednesday: The Redwood National Park

Thursday (if necessary): The Okefenokee Swamp

Friday (if necessary): Crown City Coliseum

Yuck.

Well, we fight where we're sent.

Will we see the two archers in the Redwood Forest on Wednesday? I sure hope so!

We'll see. I doubt Lady Pariah or I will be revealing too much about our plans if we can help it (Though I get the feeling you'll know before the rest of us do ;)) . I know some folks are hoping Hawkeye will meet Green Arrow in a revenge rematch, but as someone is so fond of quoting, "Revenge is a sucker's game" :)