Arena: General Discussion

Logan D. Hurricanes

I may be feeling masochistic today, but I went through my die rolls to see what was going on there.  Not FrankL style analysis, but just a basic rundown:

Started out well in week one, winning 4 of 5 with a total roll value of +18. 

Week two was very even, winning 2 of 5 but with a total value of +3

All downhill from there, in the final 3 weeks, won 3 of 15 rolls ( :shock:) .  Total value of the rolls left me at -50.   Statistically, how improbable is that?  Should I start buying more lottery tickets?  Is there a supervillain called Polyhedron Man?

Also, the majority of my matches (13 of 25) were decided by 5 or less points (surprising, considering the D12 hate).

Trying to end on a bright note, in the final match of the season, with maximum points, near maximum roll, and a massive voting advantage, Black Bolt scored a total of 40.  This appears to be the highest total any character scored in any match.  He has (telepathically thru Medusa) asked for some kind of recognition, bonus point, prize or super-pet. 

Trying to end on a bright note, in the final match of the season, with maximum points, near maximum roll, and a massive voting advantage, Black Bolt scored a total of 40.  This appears to be the highest total any character scored in any match.  He has (telepathically thru Medusa) asked for some kind of recognition, bonus point, prize or super-pet. 

As a matter of fact, I played with the data a lot last night and decided I will be giving out a few awards. I know BB has one coming  :thumbup:

Awards2.jpg

Ladies and gentlemen, it's time for the NGD Superdraft Arena Games Season 2 Regular Season Honors!

crowd-clapping-awards.gif

Alright, alright, settle down.

Here we go. Please give your love to the following warriors!

Solo Most Valuable Player

Karnilla, the Norn Queen.

(Karnilla led her team to the playoffs with a 4-0 solo record. She faced and defeated Grace, Hercules, Rubberduck, and Maxima. Karnilla never took a week off, also getting a Tag Team win with Green Arrow.)

Tag Team Most Valuable Partner

Captain America

(Cap proved he was the ultimate teammate as he went 3-0 with three different partners. He found victory with The Tick, She-Hulk, and Darth Vader!)

The People's Champion

Thor

(The crowd loves him! He had the highest Popularity rating after five weeks, combing high votes and strong successes. Thor went 4-1 solo with two Matches of the Day.)

The Centurion Award

Juggernaut

(Truly a force to be reckoned with, Juggernaut had the most votes of any warrior in the arena. In six matches he was 4-1, 0-1 and he scored one kill against Michonne.)  

Versatility Award(s)

Tie: Aquaman & Big Barda

(Both the Sea King and last year's MVP displayed great versatility in the arenas. They each had two solo wins, two tag team wins, and only one loss across both!)

6th Man Award

Captain Carrot

(The Captain found great success after coming off of the bench. He scored two solo wins for  It's Clobbering Time against Squirrel Girl and Mimic, helping them go 5-0.)

Honor: Deadliest Warrior

Black Bolt

(Blackagar had two solo kills in the arena. Ditto and Man-Bat both fell before the Inhuman. He also had three solo wins with one tag team win.)

Mr. Irrelevant

Kaine, the Scarlet Spider

(Kaine had five matches and lost every single one of them. He managed to snatch defeat from Spider-Girl, Mister Miracle, Aquaman, and Hercules. Along with Swamp Thing he fell before the team of Karnilla and Green Arrow.)

Let's hear it for 'em folks!

clapping-crowd-applause.gif

I did my own team stats for number of kills and reboots. I also did another ladder (below) for characters who were benched for both seasons. 

It is up to The Commish if he wants to award more prizes based on my stats. I have individual season stats as well. 

Team Kill / Reboot Ladder for both seasons

Team Name                 Player       Kills - Reboots
Damage Incorporated       Bazza            4 - 0
KOAN                      CaptnStrawberry  3 - 0
High Aces                 Enforcer84       2 - 0
Spectrum                  Pariah           2 - 0
L.A.U.G.H.*               Hermit           1 - 0 
Cherry Bombs              Bazza            1 - 0
Rising Sun                The Rose         1 - 1
Universals                Pariah           1 - 1
Tributes of District-Psy  Psybolt          1 - 2
CA & the Psy-chos         Psybolt          1 - 3
Scrapyard                 Pattern Ghost    0 - 0
BBB                       Lady Pariah      0 - 0
Armies of Heaven          Enforcer84       0 - 0
Copy-Cats                 BlueCloud2k2     0 - 1
It's Clobbering Team      Bigby            0 - 1
Justice Buddies           Steve            0 - 1
Magic or Mundane?*        SKJAM!           0 - 2 
Monster Mash              The Rose         0 - 2
New Suicide Squad         Casualplayer     0 - 3

* Teams competed in both seasons. Laugh (S1 1 - 0, S2 0 - 0) Magic or Mayhem (S1 0 - 0, S2 0 - 2)

BBB - Big, Blonde, and Beautiful
CA & the Psy-chos - Captain America & the Psy-chos
KOAN - The Knights Who Say Nietzsche
LAUGH - Loosely Affiliated Unorganized Group of Heroes

Observations

• Damage Incorporated has been the most destructive team with 4-0.
  • Players Hermit, Enforcer84 & Bazza have played both seasons without having any character killed...er rebooted. 
  • Hermit's team LAUGH deserve special commendation as LAUGH has gone through both seasons without having any character killed...er rebooted. 
  • "Dirtiest" player is Bazza who has caused 5 reboots. The blood gets spilt when playing Bazza. 
  • "Cleanest" players is a tie with Lady Pariah & Pattern Ghost who has neither caused nor had any character rebooted.
  • Unluckiest player is Casualplayer with 3 characters rebooted. 
  • Second unluckiest is Psybolt who has caused 2 reboots, yet had 5 characters of his rebooted. 

Benched/Rebooted Characters Win-Loss Ladder for both seasons. 

Characters      Win - Loss 
Squirrel Girl     3 - 0
Captain Carrot    2 - 0
Ant-Man (Lang)  1.5 - 0 
Throg             1 - 0
The Spot          1 - 1
Lockheed          0 - 0.5
Man-Bat           0 - 1 
Rainbow Raider    0 - 1.5
Stinky            0 - 2
Lady Stilt-Man    0 - 2
Rubberduck        0 - 2

Doctor Mid-Nite   N/A
NFL SuperPro      N/A

Character      Win - Losses in S1 Finals series only
Dr. Mid-Nite     0 - 0.5 (Semi Finals)
NFL SuperPro     0 - 0.5 (Grand Final)

0.5 are from tag team matches. 

Observations

• Congrats to Squirrel Girl who has the best win/loss ratio. 

I would say that's primarily up to the Final Four; the rest of us don't have much to do except hit vote buttons, switch vote buttons, post snarky remarks, hold out points as carrots, and otherwise make their lives a living Hades.

I will say we seem to get more fan participation on weekdays, though.

I don't see why we need their (the four player's) consent. We can just say who will fight who at our leisure. Why muddy things up with "choice" and "integrity"? 

Day one should be:

Thor v Miss Martian.
And
Aquaman v Powergirl.

So it has been declared and so shall it be! ^-^

La Rose. 

And your Arenas for the Semi-Finals are set!

Semi-Finals

Monday (Tag Team) – Cave of the Crystals

Tuesday – Death Valley

Wednesday – Golden Gate Bridge

Thursday – Hashima Island

Friday – Crown City Coliseum

Reposting this so it will be on a more recent page. Navigating more than a page or two back is a pain on the mobile version of the site and the matches aren't posted to arena page yet.