Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vanguard

Chat (Participants)

Hey Folks,

Not sure who to address this to so I figured I'd just fire it out into the ether and either someone would let the right person know about it or that person would stumble on it. :)

Anyway, as far as I've been able to tell, there's no way to tell who's in the chat room.

You've got the little number to show how many people are there and at the bottom of the forums page it lists the most active participants, but there's no way, short of joining chat, to find out who's there.

Is it possible and/or is the board software even capable of, on mouse-over, displaying a drop down of users in the chat room?  Kind of like the menu we get when we hover over the "About" tab?

If not, no worries, just thought it might be a neat little quality of life addition to things.

Active chat users will appear at the bottom of the main forum homepage (right by the online users list).  Only active chat users will be listed -- if inactive for too long, they will be removed from the list (though still counted in the total listed on the tab)

@Christougher Dunno, I felt it was a bit rude to just pop in, then pop out . . . Guess it doesn't hurt though.

@Simon I know that (and I think I detailed that in my original post).  Was just curious if it would be possible for a mouse over.  From your reply, I take it the software isn't capable of it or, for some other reason, it's just not feasible.  Either way, not a big deal.

Thanks for the replies guys.