Was more looking for game ideas I figure there are way to many movie review sites if I needed to be counted as someone that liked the movie.

If any of you actually  role play in the Hero System do you have any ideas on the Jupiter Ascending universe as a playable genre.

A member of the royal blood lines have some control over bees. They did come to her defiance making them a uncontrolled or semi-controllable attack would it be a power or just a side effect of the royal bloodline perk and the bees just have the psychological limitation must come to the aid of a royal. There are many powers that could have the Swarm of insects special effect. Or would it be Animal handing elevated to the level of a power. or a heavily limited mind control power. Is this enough of a benefit to justify the points.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The bees are more like Followers, I guess. The royal PC doesn't really have control over them. The GM would decide what the bees do, but it is understood that they are expected to act in a "loyal" fashion to the royal. The GM could write up the swarm like any other "character" (or creature, for lack of a better term), and its point total would determine the cost of the Follower Perk.

• 2 weeks later...

So bees are genetically programmed to recognize royalty? Can we test that theory by releasing several swarms of Africanized honey bees into Buckingham Palace? It would amuse me.

Also, the part where she says, "I love dogs, I've always loved dogs" with an orgasmic expression was hilarious, especially if you've seen a certain episode of Family Guy...

Are they blue and mostly female?

Negative. They are equally male and female, range from pale to bluish-grey in color and their society more resembles Space Drow than Vulcans. And they breathe methane, so have to wear an advanced rebreather when interacting with humans.

But yess, they have pointy ears and they CAN bring a sword to a laser fight.....and win....maybe.