Brick Tricks

bluesguy

I've never required people to buy the skill just to do random special effect related stuff with their powers.  The only use I've had for the "power" skill is as an easy way to build stuff like Magic Skill Rolls.  You can light a candle, heat an area, and create light with your fire powers, you don't need a skill roll.  If you want to do more sophisticated stuff, we'll talk, or buy the powers.

I use it as a way for the player/character to try new things. Because far too often when you get an idea and you want to try it, does it rarely work the way you expected the first time out.

Then there is also the caveat that repeated use of an ability requires it to actually be bought as a power.

Related to this topic...

Has anyone figured out a way to have a middle ground between paying individual slot costs in a Multipower and a full VPP with no skill roll required?  That is, a way to track a soft-maximum number of default VPP slots where creating a new ability build might require a successful Power Skill roll?  This is one of the few things that I am still dissatisfied about my Superman and Flash builds and have never figured out.

Brick Wall: (Total: 30 Active Cost, 4 Real Cost) Barrier 4 PD/4 ED, 5 BODY (up to 1m long, 1m tall, and 1/2m thick), Opaque Sight Group (30 Active Points); Extra Time (20 Minutes, Only to Activate, Character May Take No Other Actions, -1 1/2), OAF Arrangement Expendable (Easy to obtain new Focus; Bricks and mortar; -1 1/4), Normal Mass (-1), No Range (-1/2), Side Effects (Wall falls over; -1/2), Required Hands Two-Handed (-1/2), Cannot Englobe (-1/4), Real Wall (-1/4), Requires A Roll (PS:Bricklayer roll, -1 per 20 Active Points modifier; -1/4) (Real Cost: 4)

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary wonders if this counts as a brick joke

No. Their is no official middle ground between VVP and Multipower, except for the Power skill. "Mystery Power" might be one, till the power is defined.

You misunderstand my question.  I know the RAW. I am essentially soliciting House Rules or Campaign Rules for this situation.

Luke Cage once did a pound the ground to knockback two goons. He said Hulk did this let me see if it works. It did at a much smaller level than the Hulk would have I suspect. Also a gang member slashed Cage and the blade went dull. (This could have also been a 3 6's roll too). Each of these happened once in the two volumes of the Luke Cage Essentials graphic novels. I think they show what the power roll is sipposed to be used for.