Help me stat out the Disney Princesses

bigdamnhero

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of the ones you listed, Jasmine might have the best courtly skills, so she might be the best diplomat of the group. Levels in Conversation, Charm and such would be good. Perhaps some odd abilities like Lipreading. Merida might have a decent Oratory skill, so she could back up Jasmine in diplomacy.

Tiana would likely be the best chef of the lot. Many of them could cook, but few seemed exceptional at it.

So far:

1. Snow White

2. Sleeping Beauty

3. Ariel

4. Rapunzel

5. Tiana

6. Jasmine

7. Cinderella

8. Belle

9. Mulan

10. Elsa

11. Anna

12. Merida

No wonder l liked The Hero's Guide to Saving Your Kingdom way better than anything Disney cranks out nowadays.

Since it sounds like magic did some weird stuff at the apocalypse event, perhaps Aurora (Sleeping Beauty) has the ability to put people to sleep with a kiss or maybe just a touch.

Cinderella could have her fairy godmother's magic wand, and maybe Rapunzel knows some potion making.

OK, so let's talk Complications/Disadvantages. I was shooting for 50 points each, but as you'll see I've come closer with some than with others:

Anna:

10      Psychological Complication:  A Tad Gullible (Common; Moderate)

15      Psychological Complication:  Impulsive, whimsical, a touch hyperactive (Common; Strong)

20      Social Complication:  Will do anything for her sister Frequently, Severe

Arial:

5        Dependence:  Water Weakness: -3 To Characteristic Rolls and related rolls per time increment (Very Common; 1 Hour)

15      Psychological Complication:  Curious and impulsive (Common; Strong)

10      Psychological Complication:  Short-tempered when provoked (Common; Moderate)

(plus Distinctive Features when in Mermaid Form)

Belle:

15      Physical Complication:  Tunnel Vision: -3 PER When Working On A Problem (Frequently; Slightly Impairing)

15      Psychological Complication:  Puts Others' Needs Before Her Own (Common; Strong)

10      Psychological Complication:  Introverted (Common; Moderate)

5        Unluck: 1d6

Elsa:

20      Physical Complication:  Limited Control Over Own Powers (Frequently; Greatly Impairing)

15      Psychological Complication:  Self-controlled, socially reserved (Common; Strong)

15      Social Complication:  Responsibility to Arendelle and her subjects Frequently, Major

20      Social Complication:  Most People Fear Her Powers Frequently, Severe

Jasmine:

15      Psychological Complication:  Stands Up For What's Right, No Matter The Odds (Common; Strong)

10      Psychological Complication:  Hates To Admit When She's Wrong (Common; Moderate)

Merida:

10      Distinctive Features:  Thick Scots Accent (Concealable; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)

5        Distinctive Features:  Mass Of Tangled Red Hair (Easily Concealed; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)

10      Enraged:  When Others Try To Control Her (Uncommon), go 11-, recover 14-

15      Psychological Complication:  Stubborn & Headstrong (Common; Strong)

Mulan:

15      Enraged:  Sexism (Common), go 11-, recover 14-

15      Psychological Complication:  Must Bring Honor To Her Family (Common; Strong)

10      Psychological Complication:  Protect the weak and defenseless (Common; Moderate)

10      Social Complication:  Lousy At Being "Girly" Frequently, Minor

Pocahontas:

5        Psychological Complication:  Strong-willed, a little short-tempered (Uncommon; Moderate)

15      Social Complication:  Obligation to protect the natural world Frequently, Major

Rapunzel:

10      Distinctive Features:  Impossibly Long Hair (Concealable; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)

20      Psychological Complication:  Always Keeps Her Promises (Common; Total)

15      Psychological Complication:  Driven To Explore (Common; Strong)

Tiana:

15           Psychological Complication:  Headstrong (Common; Strong)

With Aurora (Sleeping Beauty) she received blessing from several Fairies, I believe these included; Wealth, Sing like a bird (Literally), and off course the ability to if she pricks her finger to put herself and everyone in an area of her asleep.  That could be an interesting power.  I believe she received about 7 in total, what these are could be up to you.

With Belle (Beauty and the Beast) you could step away from the story a bit and treat Beast's curse as a form of Lycanthropy.  When Belle fell in love with him it did not cure the curse but allowed him to control it.  The curse could of been passed to Belle in a number of ways.  Lycanthropy is usually passed by bites (Saliva) so a kiss could possibly transfer it. 

Anna (Fozen) was turned to ice strong enough to shatter steel and then thawed by an act of true love.  What if some of this magical power remained in her and was triggered by the Magical Apocalypse.  She might now be able to harden herself (Hero - Density Increase).

With all these ideas I am stepping out of the Disney original ideas but it does make some interesting characters.

Jasmine (Aladdin).  You said you were not using expanded universe but in the Aladdin cartoon series Jasmine was trained by the Amazons (Greek warrior women) and ended up becoming a very effective warrior especially with a whip.

What ever you do it sound a very interesting game, I hope the convention goes well.

I'd honestly keep it very combat light.  Most of the Disney princesses don't engage in any sort of fighting.  They don't really exist in that kind of world.  I'd give them special powers and the key to completing the adventure is to use their powers to overcome certain obstacles (being locked in a tower, hit by a curse, etc).

Don't forget the most powerful hand to hand combatant of all the Disney Princesses.

Nala.

Heh, that would actually be awesome. I hadn't meant to be a speciesist. But...I think 10 PCs is enough for the moment.

With all these ideas I am stepping out of the Disney original ideas but it does make some interesting characters.

Neat ideas! And I'm already blowing canon way out the door anyway.

I'd honestly keep it very combat light.  Most of the Disney princesses don't engage in any sort of fighting.  They don't really exist in that kind of world.  I'd give them special powers and the key to completing the adventure is to use their powers to overcome certain obstacles (being locked in a tower, hit by a curse, etc).

Good idea, and I agree with Christopher that strong doesn't have to = combat. But...it's a post-apocalyptic RPG scenario. A lot of problem-solving and negotiation to be sure, but at the end of the day someone's gotta shoot/stab someone! :)

Anyone have suggestions/additions for Complications besides the ones I listed?

• 10 months later...

I can't believe I'm just finding this thread now.  Great stuff!

Anna (Frozen) was turned to ice strong enough to shatter steel and then thawed by an act of true love.  What if some of this magical power remained in her and was triggered by the Magical Apocalypse.  She might now be able to harden herself (Hero - Density Increase).

It's also worth mentioning that even as an infant, Anna could play in the snow in a short-sleeved nightgown without seeming to mind.  Later, she spent a cold winter's night in a sleeveless ball gown (the bottom half of which later froze after she fell into a stream) and suffered no ill effects whatsoever.  So she's definitely got some Life Support.

Plus, she's one of two characters in the film (the giant snow golem, Marshmallow, being the other) shown to hit someone hard enough to do Knockback.

I'm thinking Princess Anna is a mini-brick.