Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eldritch Forge

Forum search

The last post before this in the thread is dated 23rd March 2015 and indicates a search function is available. I've looked high and low and can't see any way to do a search in the forums. The site help speaks of a search bar at the top of each page but I cannot see it.

Am I missing something or has search been disabled again?

Thread necromancy everyone.

@Igriffin: Here's what I see (no IE required--this is actually Chrome on Windows)

attachicon.gifHero Forums Search.png

Well, I couldn't figure out how to attach a screen shot. Every time I try to paste an image in my message, it tells me I'm not allowed to use the extension on this site. I tried both JPG and PNG (like yours) to no success.

Anyway, in the area between the upper black bar where my user ID, mail icon and Sign Out link and the darker blue bar below it where the View New Content link and Quick Navigator button is, there is a blue bar like your screen shot but no white text box and search button. Just the blue bar.

I couldn't find the search function either so I sent a customer support email about it.  Turns out that you must have at least five (5) posts to your credit before it's enabled. 

I couldn't find the search function either so I sent a customer support email about it.  Turns out that you must have at least five (5) posts to your credit before it's enabled. 

Thanks for posting this. Something I wasn't aware of since I have a few too many posts to my name.

For what it's worth, I feel the 5 post requirement in order to be able to use search is a bummer.  I've been lurking these forums for 10 months after making purchases and the ONLY reason I'm posting -this- post is to add to my post-count to enable the search functionality.

For what it's worth, I feel the 5 post requirement in order to be able to use search is a bummer.  I've been lurking these forums for 10 months after making purchases and the ONLY reason I'm posting -this- post is to add to my post-count to enable the search functionality.

i'll second that.  I've got several purchases also.  I'm not a chatterer so my post count will take forever to break the threshold.

Maybe we should start a Welcome Lurker thread somewhere for folks like you.

We are actually a pretty friendly bunch.

:)

HM