Extra Damage Only For Stunning

Uthanar

That is a good one. Maybe the best.

For consideration, here's a mentalist version:

Mind Blast: Change Environment (Stunning), Alternate Combat Value (uses OMCV against DMCV; +1/4), Works Against EGO, Not CON (+1/4), Area Of Effect (8m Cone; +1/4) (52 Active Points)

It's my take on the D&D Mind Flayer attack.

You could probably also do a PRE-based version as some kind of super skill.

Awesome.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe we've got this far through the topic and no one has suggested:

Enter The Stunned Zone:  Extra-Dimensional Movement (Single Dimension), Hole In The Middle (fixed size; +1/4), Area Of Effect (32m Radius; +1), Usable As Attack (+1 1/4) (70 Active Points)

The Stunned Zone is a place where time passes much faster than here, and has a continuous effect running: 

Well, I'm stunned...:  Major Transform 6d6 (Target into stunned target, A nice hot cup of sweet tea)

As soon as you become stunned, The Stunned Zone loses interest and EDMs you back to your starting point.  You remain stunned, however, until you get a nice cup of tea.

I don't see that should cause any issues at all in any reasonable campaign.

Looking at making a power that does damage, but then has extra damage that is only useful to determine whether the target is Stunned or not.  I was thinking that would likely be a -1 Limitation, but did not know if there was something to reference for something similar.  

I have done this (a million Moons ago) and I likely used -1/2 to -1. It felt a little too "meta" though...and it seemed to bother some of the players, so I stopped using "Stun Rifles"

I think I used NND, and added NND, only does Stun to exceed CON (-1?), OAF, Charges, yadda....