Champions 6E Superhero Gallery - Powered Armor Question

Melkor

Question

Hi,

Learning HERO again for a superhero campaign (after not really playing since 3rd Edition), and figured the best way to do so was to build a character using the Superhero Gallery information in the back of the Champions 6E hardback.

I have figured out the math for how the points are added up with the Characteristics and the OIF limitation of the Power Armor, but I was wondering if the math was off in the 'notes' for two of the Characteristics in the yellow Powered Armor box on P.274.

For Strength of 20, it shows a Lift of 3,200 kg, and 6D6 HTH damage with a 3 END cost.

20 STR 7* 15- Lift 3,200 kg; 6d6 HTH damage [3]

According to the Strength table on P.43 of the HERO 6E Vol I book, wouldn't the lift for a STR 20 be 400kg, and the HTH damage4D6 with a 2 END cost?

For the Presence shown in the same yellow box, it notes the Presence of 20 has a PRE Attack score of 3D6.

20 PRE 7* 12- PRE Attack: 3d6

On P.135 of the HERO 6E Vol II book, it states that the Presence Attack should be 1D6 for every 5 points of Presence. Wouldn't the 20 PRE of this base armor mean the PRE Attack should be 4D6?

Am I missing something about how Power Armor modifies Characteristics, or is my math off?

Thanks in advance!

1 answer to this question