Doctor Who Hero

Anaximander

...and bumpy and there is a swimming pool in the library...

Looking at what the Tardis is actually used for:

1. Travel, obviously, spatially and temporally.  You can do this with travel powers, albeit pretty expensive ones.  It can materialise around people of eject them by not taking them with when it goes.

2. Communication or, if not communication as such, at least explaining why communication is not an issue.  Universal communicator or handwavium.

3. Other stuff, occasionally.  This includes but is not limited to creating paradox machines and changing size. telepathy.  Sometimes you get a bit of that, too.

4. Sensors.

5. Data bases.

Although there is no terribly clear data on this, the Tardis seems to be very tough.  Breaking into a rickety old wooden box has never been so difficult.

Most of that is really plot device, but it can all be built using Hero (with the possible exception of the Paradox Machine, as I'm not entirely clear what it does...)

Tom Baker is the real thing. He played an elf in D&D the movie.

And he starred with Donald Pleasence in a film called The Freakmaker aka Mutations, which well, I probably shouldn't have mentioned it, to be honest...

As well as playing the evil wizard Koura in The Golden Voyage of Sinbad. I guess if you're a villainous Arab it's appropriate to have blue eyes. ;)

He's still my favorite Doctor.

As well as playing the evil wizard Koura in The Golden Voyage of Sinbad. I guess if you're a villainous Arab it's appropriate to have blue eyes. ;)

He's still my favorite Doctor.

He's very fan savy, and knows that his fans will love him showing up anywhere geeky. He's pulled a Hasselhoff/Shattner/Adam West and embraced it.

• 3 weeks later...