Supergirl

Greywind

No surprise here. I watch Supergirl and Flash. The only time I ever watch Arrow (or Legends of Tomorrow) is when they cross over with Supergirl or Flash. QED.

Much as I'd like more crossovers, it's probably just as well that Kara is off on her own earth. I mean, really. She's as fast as Flash, or close enough as makes no difference. Plus she's superstrong, invulnerable and all the rest of it. The whole rest of the team up team combined couldn't do more than muss her hair when they were training--and she was just hovering there, for the most part. She's seriously overpowered for their universe.

Plus, when she only interacts with Barry and the rest once or twice a year, they can keep it light and fun. If they were regularly hanging out, we'd get that patented CW Angst injected into the situation.

No surprise here. I watch Supergirl and Flash. The only time I ever watch Arrow (or Legends of Tomorrow) is when they cross over with Supergirl or Flash. QED.

Much as I'd like more crossovers, it's probably just as well that Kara is off on her own earth. I mean, really. She's as fast as Flash, or close enough as makes no difference. Plus she's superstrong, invulnerable and all the rest of it. The whole rest of the team up team combined couldn't do more than muss her hair when they were training--and she was just hovering there, for the most part. She's seriously overpowered for their universe.

Plus, when she only interacts with Barry and the rest once or twice a year, they can keep it light and fun. If they were regularly hanging out, we'd get that patented CW Angst injected into the situation.

Only thing that really bothered me about the training exercise was that Arrow this season has been about Ollie training the new crew in learning to work as a team to take down someone more powerful. I kept waiting for firestorm to tell Ollie to fire a suppression arrow, then change the foam into steel or some other hard material, since they don't know about kryptonite. Of course, they really have just turned firestorm into a flying blaster, so not sure he has the alter molecules ability.

Alternately, Firestorm's player is the guy who's perpetually distracted and never remembers what's on his character sheet.

GM: "Firestorm, you're up."

Player: [looks up from phone] "Who, me? Oh, um...I Blast him I guess."

GM: [sighs] "Whatever. Roll it."

I've actually had exactly that happen in one convention game I ran. An experienced gamer I knew and had gamed with before but had never played Champions before sat down at my table and picked the Mystic Master PC, the one who was built to be the versatile Swiss Army Knife character. The dude literally used the same RKA spell every Phase for the entire game.

• 1 month later...

"I'm not the Red Shirt! You are the Red Shirt!" [gigglesnort]

Good episode. Although didn't Kara kindof

murderate a bunch of people when she blew up that alien spaceship? Whoops?

"It's Stargate!" (Loved the call-out)

And, yeah, she kinda did. Also, it's been established that using her eyebeams can deplete her store of energy. Given that she only had a brief recharge...probably not the best choice.

Also...I'd think that her powers would fade gradually--like over days--under a red sun. Not just Click! like flipping a switch. But whatever. It was still a fun episode.

Also also, I liked Alex and Maggie. Relationship Angst! But only briefly. And I liked Maggie's reaction. Which was, essentially, "Okay I understand why you acted that way, and I forgive you. But do it again and we're through."

I was thinking he'd be an interesting choice for Darkseid, if they wanted to bring in the whole Apokolips/New Genesis story into the DCTV universe.  A possible obstacle to that is that Sorbo likes to play characters who crack a smile now and again--and Darkseid doesn't smile.  Ever.

He could also play an evil atheist--but that's just me. :snicker:

Teri Hatcher, I think, would be a really good choice for Selena the sorceress.  It's about time that Supergirl had an arch-enemy she could call her own, rather than poaching off of Superman's rogue's gallery.