Supergirl

Greywind

It's Ed Asner or no one in that role as far as I'm concerned!

I was thinking he'd be an interesting choice for Darkseid, if they wanted to bring in the whole Apokolips/New Genesis story into the DCTV universe.  A possible obstacle to that is that Sorbo likes to play characters who crack a smile now and again--and Darkseid doesn't smile.  Ever.

I've seen him depicted smiling, but it's when he's gloating to heroes and twisting the knife. Not the sort of guy to crack the cheesy jokes Sorbo is fond of.

I do.  In fact - if it's not a sandwich (sandwiches include hamburgers and hot dogs in my reality) or doesn't come on a stick I prefer to use a utensil (whenever possible - I'm not going to hyperventilate at a party if I can't find a fork for my potato chips).

I just prefer to not touch food - no matter how many times I've washed my hands (and I carry baby wipes in my backpack to wash my hands just in case I am offered food).

It's not hypochondria - I have no problems changing my kids diapers or grabbing hold of a sweaty or even lightly bloodied Olympic bar to deadlift. People are weird. 

• 4 weeks later...

Just to be clear, I was asking Grailnight which specific plot elements from this week's episode he found especially stupid.

If someone has been held prisoner for the last 15 years by your arch-nemesis organization who have been shown to brainwash people, would you

Give him a physical seeing as he arrived with obvious injuries?

Attempt to scan his mind with your telepath?

Look at his arm with your x-ray vision?

Send him home to be with his family who haven't seen him for 15 years?

or  

Let him have free run in your top secret base and ignore/argue down anyone who says "we might want to keep an eye on him"? 

I consider this final option epic in its stupidity. How did any of these people get to be government agents? But I am willing to listen to rebuttals.

Heh. Yeah, you know something is wrong (in the writer's room) when Mon-El is written as the only character thinking clearly.

But this is a CW show now. Families only exist at polar ends of the spectrum on the CW. They are either bound together by unconditional love and unquestioned devotion, or kept dysfunctional by seething hate, resentment, and paranoia. It would be unthinkable for the Danvers girls to suspect anything might be wrong with dear old dad.

The epic stupidity for this episode lands squarely on Jhon Jonzz's shoulders, I feel.

Heh. Yeah, you know something is wrong (in the writer's room) when Mon-El is written as the only character thinking clearly.

But this is a CW show now. Families only exist at polar ends of the spectrum on the CW. They are either bound together by unconditional love and unquestioned devotion, or kept dysfunctional by seething hate, resentment, and paranoia. It would be unthinkable for the Danvers girls to suspect anything might be wrong with dear old dad.

The epic stupidity for this episode lands squarely on Jhon Jonzz's shoulders, I feel.

Too be fair Supergirl does have doubts.  It's just that the only she does about them is argue with her sister.  

I finally watched the episode last night.  I've gotta say, I'm with grailknight on this.  I'll generally allow a fairly decent amount of plot-induced stupidity, for the sake of the genre.  But this was like L-Corp shipped a dozen crates of stupid pills to the DEO, and everybody but Mon-El and Winn decided to overdose on them.

I haven't seen episode yet, so can't comment on specifics, but iirc, wasn't her dad (if we are speaking of the character played by Dean Cain) there voluntarily to "protect her secret" and also to infiltrate the other organization, so not sure he was being "held" there for 15 years. Also, didn't he help her and Mon-El escape them last season? I agree it sounds like a lot of stupid for those in charge, but I can see where Kara would think he was his own person.

Kara and the others had to deliberately ignore a number of other suspicious (and alarming) coincidences in order to maintain their attitude. But like I said, family is sacrosanct on the CW, and so I understand Kara and Alex being written as shutting off their brains. But I don't feel that Jhon's loyalty to the man would so thoroughly override his responsibilities at the DEO and block every Martian instinct he has (e.g., to mindscan someone who easily could have been substituted with an android, or subjected to some other form of coercion by CADMUS).