Supergirl

Greywind

2 minutes ago, slikmar said:

Wimps, they would have never made it in Hong Kong cinema with that attitude. :D

True, but in Hong Kong cinema it’s more of a  

“Hey you, stunt guy!  In this scene you jump out that window and fall four stories to the pavement.”  

“...and then I land in a net, right?” 

“ A NET!!!   What kind of a cream puff are you?!?  Do you think we’re made of money!?!    ACTION!!!

• 2 months later...

Kara (Melissa) got a little chubby again between seasons. And those bangs have got to go. Ugh! So ugly. And I'm not a huge fan of the new suit. I'm all for a super onesie, but something about the one they gave her just isn't flattering for some reason. And after bingeing eight seasons of Game of Thrones since seeing the last Supergirl episode from last season, the tonal shift (and overall stupidity level) gave me whiplash.

But I still can't quit her! Shakes fist at Melissa Benoist!

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/8/2019 at 10:34 AM, zslane said:

Kara (Melissa) got a little chubby again between seasons. And those bangs have got to go. Ugh! So ugly. And I'm not a huge fan of the new suit. I'm all for a super onesie, but something about the one they gave her just isn't flattering for some reason. And after bingeing eight seasons of Game of Thrones since seeing the last Supergirl episode from last season, the tonal shift (and overall stupidity level) gave me whiplash.

But I still can't quit her! Shakes fist at Melissa Benoist!

The new suit looks like a costume she wore in the early 1970s in Adventure comics, back when she was working for a San Francisco TV News Show.  The practical reason she went from skirt and pantyhose to pants was Canada is Cold.

12 hours ago, dmjalund said:

Can't they make pants that look like pantyhose?

That's pretty much what they did for the first four seasons. Kara never had bare legs emerging from her (rather long) red superskirt; she always had pantyhose that kinda darkened her legs a bit. That combined with her knee-high boots meant that Supergirl's legs were never really exposed to the elements.

• 3 weeks later...

Finished Season 4 two days ago. 

Edit: Two episodes to go be up to date. With marathoning the later half of Supergirl S03; last seasons of Arrow, Flash & Supergirl; and current to date seasons of Arrow & Flash, I’ve enjoyed Arrow & Flash much more than Supergirl. Supergirl just gets more laughably absurd each season. The MVP of Supergirl last season was Andrea Brooks (Eve) whose character got ruined in the current season. 

Starting to binge season 5. I love Katie McGrath, but I cannot stand her "I can't forgive Kara" thing. I realize they are playing up that to many people have lied to her, but she has always had her own secrets and understands loved ones being in danger. I really hope this is somehow the tapes of Lex manipulating her because he knew she would listen to them.

Sadly, I believe they are trying to make us believe that Lena really is that deeply wounded by being kept out of the We Know Supergirl's Secret Identity Club for so long. It is how they are explaining her soft villainy (i.e., not going Full Luthor) this season. Lex himself gets to have all the brutal, over-the-top masculine villainy while Lena gets to have the gentler, more feminine villainy whereby her not-so-evil agenda is to "make humans nicer to each other". I can't believe the execs at CW actually approved this season's premise and story arc. It's become this weepy, maudlin melodrama about a bunch of women who don't know how to have healthy relationships with each other (and I metaphorically include J'on J'onzz and his brother in that assessment).

Actually, Batwoman has been kinda the same so far as well. Are these two shows being written by the same person?

Lena’s soft villainy is far more insidious villainy than Lex’s last season. Lex manipulated people to be sure, and disasterously so, but they possessed freewill. And he didn’t devolve them into automatons. 

Lena is paving the highway to Hell with her “good” intentions. 

On 11/20/2019 at 6:12 PM, zslane said:

Sadly, I believe they are trying to make us believe that Lena really is that deeply wounded by being kept out of the We Know Supergirl's Secret Identity Club for so long. It is how they are explaining her soft villainy (i.e., not going Full Luthor) this season. Lex himself gets to have all the brutal, over-the-top masculine villainy while Lena gets to have the gentler, more feminine villainy whereby her not-so-evil agenda is to "make humans nicer to each other". I can't believe the execs at CW actually approved this season's premise and story arc. It's become this weepy, maudlin melodrama about a bunch of women who don't know how to have healthy relationships with each other (and I metaphorically include J'on J'onzz and his brother in that assessment).

Actually, Batwoman has been kinda the same so far as well. Are these two shows being written by the same person?

So, Batwoman was given a harsh lesson in constantly letting her sister go.

I still hate what they are doing with Lena, as of latest episode (though haven't finished it yet). Alex listing off all the times Lena lied and hid things just added to my point of her being ridiculous about being over the top upset about Supergirl not giving away her secret identity. I still have hopes that this is Lex somehow manipulating her through the Tessmacher bot and the records he left.

• 4 months later...

So, continuing finally to catch up on Supergirl. Loved Mxy showing up, thought was an interesting episode. Still hate Lena's I hate Supergirl/Kara going on. Actually like Cryer's Lex (of course, since the other Lex we saw recently was Essenberg utterly not being Lex, that may be why I am liking him), he is doing a good job of being subtly evil.