• Replies 890
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pick #4: Sinestro

sinestro.jpg

Estimated Bonus Points:

3 bonus points if the pick is selected within 24 hours

3 bonus point if the character has never starred in a TEAM title (not sure on this one)

2 bonus points for characters that started as heroes (was once a Green Lantern) 
2 bonus point if the character is currently a criminal

Total Estimated Points: 7-10

PM to be sent right now.

sinestro.jpg

Estimated Bonus Points:

3 bonus point if the character has never starred in a TEAM title (not sure on this one)

PM to be sent right now.

Damn! That no mind control rule threw me and forced me to adjust. Guess who I settled on? Darn it.

Great pick, mind you, just also a great snipe

sinestro.jpg

Estimated Bonus Points:

PM to be sent right now.

I too, was Sniped.

Curse you, Steve!

The Plutonian is envious of Sinestro's magnificent mustache!

(And I think Log is just  letting us know that because someone PMed a question about it)

Yeah, someone asked, and I have a feeling they weren't the only one with The Plutonian on their radar.

And everyone is envious of Sinestro's magnificent mustache.

So it is my turn to pick in Round 4 but Steve has to pick again whenever he logs back on?

Have I got that right? If so I'll make my move shortly.

Uh, it's your turn, but as far as I know, Steve gets to keep Sinestro. Log was talking about a PM regarding a different character (That different character being Plutonian) and letting folks know.

So pick away

You might be reasonably be asking, Dr Doom a hero? Well yes. 

In FF Vol 1 #1-14 (May 2011 to March 2012). Many of us haven't read a comic book for at least 10 years so would have missed this series. I stumbled upon it myself now up to issue 12. Dr Doom joins Future Foundation team mates (link to FF #1): Reed Richards, Sue Richards, Thing, Spider-Man, Valeria Richards, Franklin Richards, Nathaniel Richards, etc.  

Basically the story is that Valeria Richards messes up big time as curiosity gets the better of her (a young daughter of Reed & Sue). She goes behind her parents back and makes a deal with Dr Doom. She will help him restore his mind if Doom agrees to help her with her problem, letting 3 or 4 evil Reed Richards from different universes into our universe. Dooms mind is restored and Doom honours his agreement with Valeria leaving Latveria in Kristoff's hand. In issue 13 Doom sacrifices himself against Celestials  from a different universe to close the portal/door/bridge that Valeria opened. 

Link to digital comic on Comixology (TPB):

FF by Jonathan Hickman Vol. 3

We've teased it for years, now find out exactly how Doctor Doom and the Future Foundation will save us all. The battle between the Council of Reeds and the Future Foundation extends through the BRIDGE and into the world now controlled by the Mad Celestials.

All that says to me is that Doom has a stint as a hero which is what the fulfils this round's criteria. 

And then there is also this where Doom explains to Bast the Panther God is motivations—why he is a "supervillain": http://arousinggrammar.com/2013/09/24/the-motivations-of-doctor-doom/ 

Commish says it is all above board, but wanted to post this as I'm sure it could be controversial. 

TL:DR Dr Doom did a stint as a hero in FF Vol 1 #1-13. He honoured an agreement made with Valeria Richards and joined Reed, Sue, Ben, Franklin, and Valeria. 

Great picks so far (Doom also turned face in 2099, for those wondering).

I have been asked about this one more than once, so here's more bad news: Terra, the traitor of the Teen Titans, does not count for this round. She was created as a traitor and was evil the whole time, no retcons necessary.